“Field of Dreams” with Kevin Costner gets 30th anniversary 4K release in May
The 1989 film “Field of Dreams“ starring Kevin Costner is officially getting a 30th Anniversary Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray release on May 14th, via Universal. The film, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, co-starred James Earl Jones, Ray Liotta, Timothy Busfield, Amy Madigan, Gaby Hoffman, Frank Whaley, and Burt Lancaster.
The tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray release and listed below.
- Deleted Scenes with Introductions by Phil Alden Robinson
- From Father to Son: Passing Along the Pastime
- Roundtable with Kevin Costner, Bret Saberhagen, George Brett and Johnny Bench
- The Diamond in the Husks
- Galena, IL Pinch Hits for Chisholm, MN
- Field of Dreams: A Scrapbook
- Bravo Special: From Page to Screen
- Theatrical Trailer
- Feature Commentary with Director Phil Alden Robinson and Director of Photography John Lindley (also on the 4K disc)