The 1979 Carl Reiner directed comedy classic “The Jerk” starring Steve Martin is going to be getting a Shout Select label release in the form of “The Jerk: 40th Anniversary Edition“ on Blu-ray Disc, coming November 13th. The official cover art has just recently been unveiled (as pictured above). “The Jerk” co-starred Bernadette Peters, Catlin Adams, Mabel King, Jackie Mason, and M. Emmet Walsh. The upcoming “40th Anniversary” Blu-ray is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
It’s worth noting that this news (that the film was going to get re-released) was originally announced by Shout! Factory at this year’s SDCC (San Diego Comic-Con), but at that time we didn’t have a release date, nor any official artwork – as we do now. Tech specs, bonus materials and such have not yet been detailed. Stay tuned for an update when more information regarding this release develops.
Scream Factory is bringing “The [REC] Collection]“ 4-disc box set to Blu-ray Disc on September 25th via Shout! Factory. The release features all four of the films from the “[REC]” Spanish horror film franchise. Those four films include: “[REC]” (2007), “[REC] 2” (2009), “[REC] 3: Genesis” (2012), and “[REC] 4: Apocalypse” (2014). Tech specs for the films have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update on that. The release is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release prove to be pretty lengthy, so you can find them detailed as well as the official announcement for the release below, after the break.
Continue reading “Scream Factory brings “The [REC] Collection” boxset to Blu-ray in September”
The 2018 CG animated sequel “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via Sony, according to an early retailer alert. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will come in the form of a “Monster Party Edition” (as the artwork suggests). The releases will also come as a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, Blu-ray getting a DVD and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. Tech specs have not yet been detailed, and the only bonus materials we know about so far are the 2 Mini-Movies (mentioned on the art). Stay tuned for further updates once the studio (Sony) officially announces this title.
The animated film, directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, features the voice talents of the following: Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade, Keegan-Michael Key, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Parnell, Joe Jonas, and Chrissy Teigen.
You can already find PRE-ORDER listings for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc of the film over at Amazon. Also, there are placeholder pages over at Best Buy for both the 4K and Blu-ray – where you’ll find that 10/9 release date. Lastly, speaking of Best Buy, it’s worth noting that it appears they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the Blu-ray release of the film. That Steelbook, along with the Blu-ray Disc art, can be found further below after the break.
Continue reading ““Hotel Transylvania 3” comes to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc in October”
The 1980 William Lustig directed film “Maniac“ starring Joe Spinell has received a new 4K restoration and will be getting re-released in a 3-Disc Limited Edition to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Blue Underground. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a brand new 4K restoration with DTS-HD Master Audio in both 7.1 and 2.0 configurations as well as Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. The 3-Disc set includes a Blu-ray, DVD, and a CD (compact disc) including the film’s Soundtrack. This new Blu-ray of “Maniac” is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
- Audio Commentary #1 with Producer/Director William Lustig and Producer Andrew W. Garroni
- Audio Commentary #2 with Producer/Director William Lustig, Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Editor Lorenzo Marinelli, and Joe Spinell’s Assistant Luke Walter
- NEW! MANIAC Outtakes
- NEW! Returning to the Scene of the Crime with William Lustig
- Anna and the Killer – Interview with Star Caroline Munro
- The Death Dealer – Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini
- Dark Notes – Interview with Composer Jay Chattaway
- Maniac Men – Interview with Songwriters Michael Sembello and Dennis Matkosky
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Robbie: Maniac 2 Promo Reel
Disc 2 (DVD) Extras:
- The Joe Spinell Story
- MANIAC Publicity
- MANIAC Controversy
BONUS! MANIAC Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Jay Chattaway
BONUS! Collectable Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold
The 1986 Stephen King written & directed film “Maximum Overdrive” starring Emilio Estevez is rumored to be coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 23rd, likely from Vestron Video (distributed by Lionsgate). We got this RUMOR originally from our Twitter friend Dawn of the Discs in the tweet below, which shows a new featurette from Vestron Video and Red Shirt Pictures featured on video website Vimeo – originally reported by our friends over at Bloody-Disgusting.
There were actually a few videos up of featurettes from Red Shirt Pictures on Vimeo, before they were all made private. There was even footage shown of the film in high definition, but nothing stating that it had received any new scan or restoration. Here’s where it gets even more interesting. I’m told that, “the entire 98 minutes 37 seconds (Theatrical Cut) of the film was up on the site and could be viewed by anyone that checked.“
So here’s where the rumor meets some real validity. The listing over at Barnes & Noble with an October 23rd release date, really makes me think this is more than a rumor.
UPDATE #2: This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with the very same October 23rd release date. This rumor is pretty much now CONFIRMED!
UPDATE #1: There seems to also be a placeholder page (pictured below) over at Best Buy, that isn’t functional yet, however does offer the very same October 23rd release date. So this rumor is really starting to solidify. Again, stay tuned for any further details on this release.
Major thanks to our friend Dawn of the Discs for the original tweet and some major details for this news story.
2017 Alex Gibney and Blair Foster directed documentary “Rolling Stone: Stories From the Edge“ by HBO Documentary Films is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 11th via Shout! Factory.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the release will include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The approximate feature runtime for this release is 6 Hours. Thanks to our friends at Shout! Factory for this information.
The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes featuring extended interviews from Cameron Crowe, Ice-T, Gus Wenner, Jane Wenner, Janet Reitman, Matt Taibbi, and Victor Juhasz
Below after the break you can find the trailer for the documentary and official announcement for the Blu-ray release. Continue reading “Documentary “Rolling Stone: Stories From the Edge” on Blu-ray in September”
The 2018 sequel “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” starring Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray Disc release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both released will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both releases including a Digital Copy of the film. The film is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- “From Film to Franchise: Continuing the Story”
- “An Act of War: Making Sicario: Day of the Soldado”
- “The Assassin and the Soldier: The Cast & Characters”
It’s also worth noting that retailer Best Buy is showing that they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and that the release date is earlier: September 25th. I don’t know if this means that they’ll be getting the title a week early or that they’ve just not updated their PRE-ORDER listing for the Steelbook. Just realize the release date could actually be October 2nd, as it should be.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc artwork and the official announcement for this release.
Continue reading ““Sicario: Day of the Soldado” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in October”
The 2015 DC Universe animated film “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is going to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray (for the first time) and will also re-released on Blu-ray Disc in a “Commemorative Edition” on November 13th by Warner.
Tech specs for the 4K release will include full 2160p with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range, while audio format and configuration have yet to be detailed. Tech specs for the Blu-ray re-release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio, again with audio format and configuration yet to be detailed. If it’s any indication, the previous Blu-ray (released back in 2015) included DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The new “Commemorative Edition” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on this new “Commemorative Edition” include an all-new featurette, an all-new audio commentary, and gets all the original bonus from the previous Blu-ray (ported over), which are listed below.
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for this new “Commemorative Edition” re-release on 4K and Blu-ray, as well as the official announcement.
Continue reading ““Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in November”
The 2018 Jon Turteltaub directed film “The Meg”, which just hit theaters this weekend, is already slated for December release on 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and even Blu-ray 3D formats in the United Kingdom on retailer Zavvi. Keywords there: in the United Kingdom, not stateside. However, based on this, we can likely expect this film to come out around December here in the United States. The UK release date is December 17th. Stay tuned on what the US release date will be. Stateside, it does already have a PRE-ORDER listings available over at Amazon for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions. The Blu-ray 3D version is lacking a pre-order listing, at this moment.
It appears, looking at the cover art, all the releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” – with the 4K release getting a Blu-ray included, and the Blu-ray releases getting a DVD included. All versions it also appears will include a Digital Copy of the film. No word yet at all on the tech specs or the bonus materials slated for these releases, as this news is just now developing. Stay tuned for any updates. Below, after the break, you can find the UK cover artwork for the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases – taken from Zavvi.
Continue reading “RUMOR: “The Meg” to be released on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray by the end of the year”
The 2018 Wim Wenders directed documentary “Pope Francis: A Man of His Word“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Universal. This documentary has been well received by the critics, carrying a “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes with a 88% rating – at time of writing. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come with a Digital Copy of the film included. No bonus materials are slated to be included. The documentary on Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon.
The 2018 sequel “Death Race: Beyond Anarchy“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Universal. The sequel, being released direct-to-video, was directed by Don Michael Paul, and stars Zach McGowan, Danny Glover, Fred Koehler, Christine Marzano, as well as Danny Trejo. The Blu-ray will include an UNRATED “& UNHINGED” cut of the film, as the cover and promotional material tout. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This title can already be found to PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Inside the Anarchy: Filmmakers and cast describe how this chapter of the Death Race franchise stands out from the rest. From new locations, to a fleet of new cars, to a new star in Zach McGowan, see why Death Race: Beyond Anarchy is the deadliest Death Race yet!
- Time Served: Lists & Goldberg: Hear Death Race franchise veterans Fred Koehler and Danny Trejo discuss what it’s like to be back playing Lists and Goldberg, and how their characters have changed.
- On the Streets of Death Race: Beyond Anarchy: Director Don Michael Paul and cast explain how the stunt work gave the production a uniquely energetic feel.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Don Michael Paul and Star Zach McGowan
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for the release.
Continue reading ““Death Race: Beyond Anarchy” is driving its way to Blu-ray Disc in early October”
The 2018 Tim Wardle directed, critically-acclaimed, documentary “Three Identical Strangers“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Universal. The documentary tells the unique story of three identical twins that were separated at birth. They never even knew they had biological siblings, let alone identical twins of themselves out there. The three men were all adopted, and would later find out of being separated at birth. This film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes, where it carries an impressive 97% rating.
Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio, while audio format and configuration have not yet been detailed. Stay tuned for an update there on the audio specs. The film on Blu-ray is now already available to PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. NOTE: The artwork (pictured above) was taken from retailer Best Buy, although Amazon features slightly different artwork. The studio hasn’t official released finalized art on the press site, so I’m not sure which (if either) will be the final art. Just letting you all know that, in case you notice and wonder. The Blu-ray release will come with a Digital Copy of the film included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Q&A with David Kellman, Robert Shafran, Brenda Galland, Ellen Cervone, and Director Tim Wardle
- Feature Commentary with Director Tim Wardle and Editor Michael Harte
- Photo Gallery