The following titles will be released October 16th, 2018 on Blu-ray Disc:
Ant-Man and The Wasp [Marvel/Disney]
BuyBust [Well Go USA]
City Slickers (Collector’s Edition) [Shout Select]
Down a Dark Hall [Lionsgate]
Dracula A.D. 1972 [Warner Archive]
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) [Olive Signature]
It’s Pat [Kino Lorber Studio Classics]
Kazaam [Kino Lorber Studio Classics]
Schlock [Arrow Video]
Shampoo [The Criterion Collection]
The Prince of Egypt [Dreamworks/Universal]
Trilogy of Terror [Kino Lorber Studio Classics]
Unfriended: Dark Web [Universal]
Whitney (2018) [Lionsgate]
The 2018 Sci-Fi film “Kin” written and directed by Jonathan Baker and Josh Baker is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via Lionsgate. The film features a cast that includes Myles Truitt, Jack Reynor, Dennis Quaid, Zoë Kravitz, James Franco, Carrie Coon, Ian Matthews, Gavin Fox, and Michael B. Jordan. Tech specs for both releases include video in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS:X and Dolby Digital 2.0 (optimized for late night listening) sound. The 4K release will include both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K release getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included.
You can PRE-ORDER both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray already over at Amazon. It also appears that there will be an Exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray release available at Best Buy – although the pre-order listing is not yet functional. Stay tuned for an update on that. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with co-directors Jonathan and Josh Baker and screenwriter Daniel Casey
- “Thicker Than Water: The Making of Kin” 8-Part Documentary
- “Enhanced Visual FX Breakdown” Featurette
- “Bag Man: Original Short” with optional audio commentary by co-directors Jonathan and Josh Baker
- 10 Deleted Scenes
- “Learned Behavior: Special Features at Work” hour-long round table discussion between Jonathan and Josh Baker and renowned filmmakers including 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg, Swiss Army Man directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, legendary special features producer Laurent Bouzereau (Jaws, Back to the Future, Ready Player One) and special features godfather Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Tusk).
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray Disc and the official announcement for these releases.
Continue reading “2018 Sci-Fi film “Kin” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in November”
The 2018 film “Blindspotting“ starring Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Carlos López Estrada, has received positive reviews from both film critics and moviegoers. In fact, at time of writing, this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes with 93% rating (from critics). Tech specs for this Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. This Blu-ray is now available to PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Straight from the Town: Making Blindspotting” Featurette
- “Carlos López Estrada: A Director’s Featurette
- Audio Commentary with Director Carlos López Estrada
- Audio Commentary with Writers/Actors Daveed Diggs and Rafael Casal
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this.
Continue reading “2018 film “Blindspotting” starring Daveed Diggs comes to Blu-ray in November”
The 2018 Disney live-action film “Christopher Robin“ starring Ewan McGregor is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 6th. The film was directed by Marc Forster. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The Blu-ray Disc release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order over at Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. It’s also worth noting that Target will be getting an Exclusive Storybook packaging version of the Blu-ray, also now available to pre-order. There’s no Amazon pre-order listing yet, but stay tuned for an update on that.
Below you’ll find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray release.
- In Which … A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- In Which … Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winnie the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- In Which … Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- In Which … Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
Continue reading “Disney’s “Christopher Robin” with Ewan McGregor comes to Blu-ray in November”
The 1992 horror film “Candyman“ starring Tony Todd is getting a “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on November 20th via Scream Factory. The film, directed by Bernard Rose, also included a cast of Virginia Madsen, Xander Berkeley, Vanessa Williams, Kasi Lemmons, DeJuan Guy, Marianna Elliott, and Ted Raimi. Tech specs for the release 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The video here is a new 2K restoration taken from a 4K scan of the film elements. Both the Theatrical Cut and an Unrated Cut of the film will be included, all spanning across a 2-disc set. This release is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release run very lengthy, as they span across two discs. So, with that being said, more on this can be found fully detailed below, after the break, in the official announcement for this release.
Continue reading ““Candyman” with Tony Todd gets Collector’s Edition Blu-ray in November”
The TV Series “The Handmaid’s Tale Season Two“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via MGM (distributed by Fox). The Emmy Award-winning drama TV series was created by Bruce Miller, and can be seen streaming on Hulu. The cast to the series includes Elisabeth Moss, Max Minghella, Yvonne Strahovski, Joseph Fiennes, Ann Dowd, and Amanda Brugel.
Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, spanning across a 4-disc set. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon or elsewhere, but stay tuned. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the release.
- Season Two: Off Book
- Dressing Dystopia
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming release.
Continue reading ““The Handmaid’s Tale Season Two” is coming to Blu-ray in early December”
The 2001 Robert Altman directed film “Gosford Park“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 27th via Arrow Academy – a label of Arrow Video. This film won an Academy Award for best Screenplay, and its star-studded cast featured Alan Bates, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Northam, Bob Balaban, Charles Dance, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Maggie Smith, Emily Watson, and Ryan Phillippe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video from a brand new 2K restoration (and a 4K scan) with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This new restoration was “supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn” according to Arrow Academy. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. A list of details regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included can be found below.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan, carried out by Arrow films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Robert Altman, production designer Stephen Altman and producer David Levy
- Audio commentary by writer-producer Julian Fellowes
- Brand-new audio commentary by critics Geoff Andrew and David Thompson (author of Altman on Altman)
- Introduction by critic Geoff Andrew
- Brand new cast and crew interviews recorded exclusively for this release
- The Making of Gosford Park archive featurette
- Keeping Gosford Park Authentic archive featurette
- Q&A Session with Altman and the cast
- Fifteen deleted scenes with optional Altman commentary
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Sheila O’Malley and an archive interview with Robert Altman
The 1989 Rob Reiner directed romantic comedy “When Harry Met Sally…” starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan is getting a “30th Anniversary Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on January 8th, 2019 via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). The film, written by Nora Ephron, co-starred Carrie Fisher, Bruno Kirby, Steven Ford, Lisa Jane Persky, and Michelle Nicastro. Tech specs for the release and bonus materials have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for when they do. The release is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and directly via the Shout! Factory Store.
The 1994 Sci-Fi Thriller “The Puppet Masters” starring Donald Sutherland is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The film, directed by Stuart Orme, was based on the Robert A. Heinlein novel, and featured cast of Eric Thal, Julie Warner, Keith David, Will Patton, Richard Belzer, Tom Mason, and Yaphet Kotto. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video and both 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless mixes in terms of sound. This is not yet available to pre-order over at Amazon or any other retailers, but stay tuned for an update. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are detailed below.
- Audio commentary by director Stuart Orme with film editor David Yardley
- Robert A. Heinlein: The Puppet Grand Master – Documentary with Spectrum literary agency agent Eleanor Wood, author, and screenwriter David Gerrold, author Brad Linaweaver and
Robert Gleason, the executive editor of Tor/Forge Books and the author of The Evil That Men Do
- Get Slugged with Julie Warner
- Strange Invasion with Keith David
- Alien Me, Alien You with Richard Belzer
- Larry Odien Pulls the Strings: The Practical Effects of The Puppet Masters
- Science Fantasy and Softcore Porn: Limited edition booklet essay by author and literary critic Samuel R. Delany
- Newly commissioned art by Jacob Phillips
- Animated Photo Gallery – Creature design images
- Limited Edition O-card Slipcase
- Reversible Art
- Theatrical Trailer
Below after the break you can get a look at the reversible cover art mentioned.
Continue reading ““The Puppet Masters” starring Donald Sutherland comes to Blu-ray in December”