The 1994 Adam Resnick directed comedy “Cabin Boy” to Blu-ray Disc on September 18th via Kino Lorber in a ‘Special Edition.’ The film’s tech specs have not yet been detailed, and there is not a pre-order yet available over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW Audio Commentary by star Chris Elliott and director Adam Resnick
- NEW Interview with star Chris Elliott and director Adam Resnick
- Archival cast & crew interviews featuring Chris Elliott, Ritch Brinkley, James Gammon, Brian Doyle-Murray, Brion James, Melora Walters, Russ Tamblyn, production designer Steven Legler and writer/director Adam Resnick
- B-Roll Footage
- Edited outtakes
- Newly commissioned art by Jacob Phillips
- 5 TV spots
- Limited Edition O-Card [Blu-ray only]
- Reversible Art
- Theatrical Trailer
- Limited Edition booklet essay by film critic Nick Pinkerton [Blu-ray only]
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
Also, some reverse cover art will be available, as you’ll see pictured further below, after the break.
Continue reading “1994 comedy “Cabin Boy” starring Chris Elliott comes to Blu-ray in September”
Warner Brother Home Entertainment has officially announced plans to bring the 1968 Stanley Kubrick directed Sci-Fi classic “2001: A Space Odyssey” in a new restoration to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 30th. The release received a restoration, as mentioned, but not a lot of detail yet on the exact process. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.20:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. Yes, no Atmos on this release, sadly. The title is available for PRE-ORDER already over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this “combo pack” release, including a remastered Blu-ray Disc of the film, are listed below.
- Audio with Commentary from Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood (on 4K & Blu-ray)
- “Channel Four Documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth“
- “Standing on the Shoulder’s of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001“
- “Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001“
- “What Is Out There?”
- “2001: FX and Early Conceptual Art”
- “Look: Stanley Kubrick!”
- 11/27/66 Interview with Stanley Kubrick [Audio Only]
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Premium Booklet
- Art Cards
This is going to be something wonderful. I, personally, cannot wait!
The 2006 Terry Zwigoff directed film “Art School Confidential” starring Max Minghella is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via MVD, in their “MVD Rewind Collection.” Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video and 5.1 sound, although not yet fully detailed as to what aspect ratio (presumably the original 1.85:1) and sound format. Stay tuned for an update on that, as well as on official cover art (as what is pictured above, is just the DVD art cropped). The film co-stars: Sophia Myles, John Malkovich, Ethan Suplee, Matt Keeslar, Joel David Moore, Angelica Huston, Jim Broadbent, Nick Swardson, Adam Scott, and Scoot McNairy. The Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials, supposedly, said to be included on the release are listed below.
- Making of Art School Confidential
- Deleted Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Sundance Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.
Continue reading “2006 Terry Zwigoff directed film “Art School Confidential” on Blu-ray October”
Universal Studios plans to bring the 2017 Brian Shoaf written & directed film “Aardvark” starring Zachary Quinto to Blu-ray Disc on August 7th. The film features supporting performances from Jenny Slate, Jon Hamm, and Sheila Vand. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. The release will come with a Digital Copy of the film. The only bonus material slated to be included on the release is a “Making of Aardvark” featurette.
The Disney animated TV Series “Gravity Falls: The Complete Series” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc in a 7-Disc set on July 24th via distributor Shout! Factory. The show, which ran originally on the Disney Channel and later on Disney XD (for a total of 40 episodes), featured the voice talents of Kristen Schaal, Jason Ritter, Alex Hirsch, and Linda Cardellini.
Tech specs for the release will for sure include full 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and (presumably) DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, however this info has not yet been fully detailed / verified, so stay tuned for an update on that. The Blu-ray set is available already for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this were just unveiled today by the folks at Shout! Factory and are listed below.
- NEW Audio Commentaries on All 40 Episodes with Alex Hirsch and members of the cast and crew
- NEW “One Crazy Summer” – A Look Back at Gravity Falls With The Cast & Crew (1 hour 45 minutes) – interviews with Alex Hirsch, actors Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal, director and storyboard artist Matt Braly, writers Jeff Rowe, Shion Takeuchi and Josh Weinstein, composer Brad Breeck and over a dozen additional members of the cast and crew
- NEW “The Hirsch Twins” – Alex & Ariel Hirsch Remember Their Own Summers Growing Up
- NEW Deleted Scenes—over an hour of never-before-seen content
- “Between the Pines” Behind-The-Scenes series finale special from Disney XD
- Shorts –interstitial programming between seasons 1 and 2
- Promos—commercial and other promo materials from the show’s run
- And More …?
Further below, after the break, you will find the full official announcement.
Continue reading “Disney Series “Gravity Falls: The Complete Series” Blu-ray in July”