– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1989 cult-classic film “Little Monsters“ is officially making its debut to Blu-ray Disc on September 15th, via Vestron Video & Lionsgate. The film, directed by Richard Greenberg, starred Fred Savage, Howie Mandel, Daniel Stern, Margaret Whitton, Rick Ducommun, Frank Whaley, and Ben Savage. Tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo sound. A digital copy of the film will be included. You can now find the Blu-ray is available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- *NEW* Audio Commentary with Jarret Gahan, Editor-in-Chief of CultofMonster.com
- *NEW* Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer David Newman
- *NEW* “Call Him Maurice” – An Interview with Actor Howie Mandel
- *NEW* “Beneath the Bed” – An Interview with Producer Andrew Licht
- *NEW* “Monsters Big & Small” – An Interview with Special Makeup Effects Creator Robert Short
- *NEW* Vintage Interviews with Actors Fred Savage, Ben Savage, Special Makeup Effects Creator Robert Short, and Director Richard Alan Greenberg
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- “Making Maurice” – Vintage Footage of Howie Mandel’s Makeup Transformation
- Vintage EPK & VHS Promo
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray debut of the film.
The 1991 Oliver Stone directed film “The Doors“ starring Val Kilmer is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 23rd via Lionsgate, according to an early alert to retailers. The film co-starred Meg Ryan, Kyle MacLachlan, Frank Whaley, Kevin Dillon, Michael Wincott, and Michael Madsen. There are no details yet regarding the tech specs on this 4K release. It is however known that the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on the release have not yet been detailed. UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Tech specs for the release include 2160p video with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The film has been remastered from the original negative that was scanned at 4K resolution. The color grading was overseen by the film’s director Oliver Stone. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Oliver Stone Commentary
- NEW Oliver Stone’s Interview
- NEW Sound Engineer Lon Bender’s Interview
UPDATES: First off, there’s now a listing for a German 4K Steelbook release that seems to be exclusive to that country, and there doesn’t sadly seem to be a 4K Steelbook coming here stateside. So, if you’re wanting to get that as an import, since 4K is, after all, a region free format, you can find it listed here on Amazon Germany. Lastly, Lionsgate has issued an official promotional trailer that you can find as well further below, after the break.
The 1989 film “Field of Dreams“ starring Kevin Costner is officially getting a 30th Anniversary Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray release on May 14th, via Universal. The film, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, co-starred James Earl Jones, Ray Liotta, Timothy Busfield, Amy Madigan, Gaby Hoffman, Frank Whaley, and Burt Lancaster.
The tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray release and listed below.
- Deleted Scenes with Introductions by Phil Alden Robinson
- From Father to Son: Passing Along the Pastime
- Roundtable with Kevin Costner, Bret Saberhagen, George Brett and Johnny Bench
- The Diamond in the Husks
- Galena, IL Pinch Hits for Chisholm, MN
- Field of Dreams: A Scrapbook
- Bravo Special: From Page to Screen
- Theatrical Trailer
- Feature Commentary with Director Phil Alden Robinson and Director of Photography John Lindley (also on the 4K disc)
There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film available over at retailer Best Buy. That Steelbook (pictured below) can be found for pre-order.
It’s been rumored and it nears being confirmed that the 1989 film “Field of Dreams” starring Kevin Costner is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on May 14th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, co-starred James Earl Jones, Ray Liotta, Timothy Busfield, Amy Madigan, Gaby Hoffman, Frank Whaley, and Burt Lancaster. Tech specs and bonus materials have not at all yet been detailed for the 4K release. It is known that there will be an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release available at retailer Best Buy (pictured above). That 4K steelbook and the standard 4K release both have placeholders over at Best Buy. The only other detail that seems to be obvious is that the release comes in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray of the film also included (as shown in the Steelbook art).
UPDATE: This 4K UHD Blu-ray release has now (as of 3/14) been officially announced and is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. You can read further details about the upcoming 4K releases of the film here.