The 2022 sequel “Halloween Ends” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 27th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Andi Matichak, Rohan Campbell, Will Patton, Kyle Richards, and James Jude Courtney. This marks the conclusion, as the title suggests, to the “Halloween” film franchise and the story involving the “Laurie Strode” and “Michael Myers” characters.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39.1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in a 2.39.1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will get its Blu-ray counterpart and the Blu-ray release will get its DVD counterpart with each including a digital code (compatible with Movies Anywhere) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy as well as Walmart — with the 4K here and Blu-ray here. It’s most certainly worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder. Also, retailer Walmart will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray with alternate collectible artwork (pictured further below) and available now for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K and Blu-ray versions of the film are listed below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Michael Shakes Things Up
- Joan’s Bunny Slam
- Corey Reflects Upon Himself
- Ronald’s Stuck at Work
- Margo Gets the Boot
- Joan’s Recipe for Disaster
- Ending HALLOWEEN – HALLOWEEN could never truly end without a decisive showdown between Laurie and Michael. Explore the creative team’s approach to crafting the film’s final sequence.
- Final Girl – The iconic Jamie Lee Curtis discusses the legacy of Laurie Strode and what playing the character has meant to her.
- No Place Like Haddonfield – Filmmakers and cast reveal some of the secret ingredients that make HALLOWEEN productions so special and their personal feelings on being a part of such a classic franchise.
- Gag Reel
- A Different Threat – As Haddonfield evolves to a new era, we examine how the evil within has also evolved.
- The Visions of Terror – See how various production departments came together to achieve the film’s unique visual style.
- Twisted Deaths – An up-close look at some of the gruesome death scenes.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, co-producer/first assistant director Atilla Salih Yücer, and production assistant Hugo Garza
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video releases.