Tag Archives: HDR10
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2000 film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon“ will be getting a limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release on December 1st via Sony. The film, directed by Ang Lee, starred Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Zhang Ziyi, Chang Chen, Lang Sihung, and Cheng Pei Pei. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with Mandarin Dolby Atmos sound, with a Dolby TrueHD 7.1 core, and English subtitles, as well as English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook of the film available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release will be identical to the previous extras found on the 2016 4K release of the film and are listed below.
- Six Deleted Scenes: presented in 4K Ultra HD with High Dynamic Range
- In-Depth Retrospective Interviews: Director Ang Lee, producer James Schamus and editor Tim Squyres discuss the making of the groundbreaking film
- Introduction to the Film and the Deleted Scenes by Director Ang Lee
- “A Love Before Time” Music Video: in English and Mandarin
- The Making of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Commentary with Ang Lee and James Schamus
- Commentary with Cinematographer Peter Pau
- A Conversation with Michelle Yeoh
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find more details about the limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film.
The 2004 Michael Mann directed film “Collateral“ starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 8th via Paramount. The film co-starred Jada Pinkett Smith, Mark Ruffalo, Peter Berg, Bruce McGill, Javier Bardem, Irma P. Hall, and Barry Shabaka Henley.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K remaster that was done “under the supervision of the director” [Michael Mann]. No specific details yet regarding the audio format or configuration on this release, but I have put in an inquiry directly to the studio (Paramount) about this and I hope to hear back and provide you all with an update soon.
This release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with a Blu-ray Disc counterpart (in this case: “remastered, offering an exceptional viewing experience”) and digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary by Director Michael Mann
- City of Night: The Making of Collateral
- Special Delivery
- Deleted Scene with Commentary
- Shooting on Location: Annie’s Office
- Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx Rehearse
- Visual FX: MTA Train
Below, after the break, you can find the full information regarding the announcement of this upcoming 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1990 film “Tremors“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 15th via Arrow Video, in a Limited Edition box set, as announced today on social media by the distributor. The film, directed by Ron Underwood, starred Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, Reba McEntire, Robert Jayne, Ariana Richards, Victor Wong, Richard Marcus, Tony Genaro, and Charlotte Stewart. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the OAR 1.85:1 (original aspect ratio) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. Sound on the release will be presented in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, restored, as well as 5.1 and 4.0 surround mixes — both in DTS-HD MA. The movie has received a new 4K restoration, that has been approved by the film’s director as quoted below.
“New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski”
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will span across 2 discs, and also include some physical extras pictured above as well as everything is detailed below.
- 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
Disc 1 extras:
- New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
- New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
- Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
- The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
- Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
- Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
- Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
- Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
- The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
- Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
- Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire
- Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
- Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
- Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) extras:
- Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
- Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
- Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)”
The 1994 Luc Besson film “Leon: The Professional“ is officially getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release on December 1st, in a limited edition from Sony. The film, written & directed by Luc Besson, featured a cast of Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and Natalie Portman. The tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K presentation in the (OAR) 2.39:1 original aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound — Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible. Both the film’s theatrical and extended versions are included. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon and Target. The bonus materials set to be included on this release, housed on the Blu-ray and identical to the film’s original 4K UHD Blu-ray previously released back in 2017, are listed below.
- Cast and Crew Look Back
- Jean Reno: The Road to Léon
- Natalie Portman: Starting Young
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray in the SteelBook form.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
Available as part of:– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1984 film “Beverly Hills Cop“ starring Eddie Murphy is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 1st via Paramount. The film, directed by Martin Brest, co-starred Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Lisa Eilbacher, Ronny Cox, Steven Berkoff, James Russo, Jonathan Banks, Stephen Elliott, Gilbert R. Hill, Joel Bailey, Bronson Pinchot, and Paul Reiser. Tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range. No word yet on the audio format and configuration for the release, but I have put in an inquiry about it to the studio [Paramount] and should be updating you on that soon. In the meantime, it’s worth noting the film has been remastered in 4K as stated below in an official statement.
“This action-comedy classic has been remastered in 4K with HDR and will be available in a 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo with Digital copy and is available now on 4K Ultra HD Digital.”
The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. There’s not yet a preorder listing available for this 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Amazon, but they do have a placeholder page up you can sign up to be emailed and alerted as to when it is. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary by director Martin Brest
- Beverly Hills Cop—The Phenomenon Begins (SD)
- A Glimpse Inside the Casting Process (SD)
- The Music of Beverly Hills Cop (SD)
- Deleted scenes (HD)
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes incorporating vintage 1984 interviews (HD)
- An isolated audio track of the original score by Harold Faltermeyer
- “BHC Mixtape ‘84”, which allows viewers to go directly to the scenes featuring the hit songs “The Heat Is On,” “Neutron Dance,” “New Attitude,” “Stir It Up,” “Do You Really,” and “Nasty Girl.”
- Location Map
- Theatrical Trailer (HD)