The 1982 George A. Romero directed film “Creepshow” written by horror author Stephen King is getting a new upgraded “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 23rd via the folks at Scream Factory (a division of Shout! Factory), as they announced yesterday. There’s no info regarding the tech specs or bonus materials detailed yet, but stay tuned, as they claim in September we will receive an update on that. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon yet, but expect it to be soon, and an update here when it is. It is available now however for PRE-ORDER right directly from Shout! Factory, where you’ll get some added bonuses, listed and pictured below.
THE FOLLOWING INFO BELOW REFERS TO THE EXCLUSIVE LIMITED-EDITION WEBSITE OFFER (ONLY 2,000 AVAILABLE):
• If you order Creepshow from our site directly you will receive the Blu-ray two weeks early and the following exclusively-made-for us items:
• A rolled 28.5” x 16.5” lithograph poster of the slipcase art
by Laz Marquez
• A rolled 18” x 24” poster of alternative art illustration, also
by Laz Marquez
The release is going to come with a rigid slipcover case, collectible booklet, and reversible cover art as pictured above in the promo. Just note that in the final retail version you just won’t get the posters and such if you don’t pre-order it through the distributor and are one of the first 1,500 to do so. That’s a limited edition run on the posters.
The full information regarding the release mentioned by Shout! Factory in their social media blaster yesterday can be found further below, after the break.
Social Media Announcement:
Via Scream Factory on Twitter (@Scream_Factory):
**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**
We are proud (and so unbelievably excited) to reveal today that we are prepping to release the classic George A. Romero and Stephen King 1982 anthology CREEPSHOW this Fall in an all-new upgraded presentation! Because we feel this is a rather huge and beloved title, we are rolling this out a little more uniquely so please read carefully for all the details that we have at the time.
• Naturally, this will be branded as a “Collector’s Edition” but packaged a bit differently than we have done in the past for other CEs. This will come with a rigid slipcover (like what we did with the deluxe version release of Nightbreed) that will house a Blu-ray case and a collectible booklet featuring a new essay from Michael Gingold (Fangoria, Rue-Morgue, Dellirium). The newly-commissioned artwork pictured on the slipcase is from Laz Marquez (Army of Darkness, The Howling and Lifeforce steelbooks).
• The Blu-ray case wrap inside will be reversible featuring original theatrical artwork on both sides. (The “ticket booth” one and the “Comic book” one.)
• New extras and specs are still in progress and will be announced later in September. Rest-assured we have plenty planned and…we are in progress of doing an all-new film transfer!
• This will be the national release which streets on October 23rd. U.S. and Canada territories (Region A).