The 1990 film “Two Evil Eyes“ directed by George A. Romero and Dario Argento is getting a “Limited Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Blue Underground. The film featured a cast of Adrienne Barbeau, Harvey Keitel, Martin Balsam, E.G. Marshall, John Amos, and Tom Atkins. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K restoration with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono, and Dolby Digital Mono sound. The new 4K restoration here came from the uncensored original camera negative. The “limited edition” Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this new 3-disc “limited edition” Blu-ray are listed below.
- Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
- NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Two Masters’ Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento
- Savini’s EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film’s Special Make-Up Effects
- At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini’s home
- Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero
- NEW! Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada
- NEW! Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter
- NEW! One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio
- NEW! Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
- NEW! The Cat Who Wouldn’t Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi
- NEW! Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell
- NEW! Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
- Disc 3 (CD):
- TWO EVIL EYES Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Pino Donaggio
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with a new essay by Michael Gingold
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 1982 George A. Romero directed film “Creepshow” written by horror author Stephen King is getting a new upgraded “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 23rd via the folks at Scream Factory (a division of Shout! Factory), as they announced yesterday. There’s no info regarding the tech specs or bonus materials detailed yet, but stay tuned, as they claim in September we will receive an update on that. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon yet, but expect it to be soon, and an update here when it is. It is available now however for PRE-ORDER right directly from Shout! Factory, where you’ll get some added bonuses, listed and pictured below.
THE FOLLOWING INFO BELOW REFERS TO THE EXCLUSIVE LIMITED-EDITION WEBSITE OFFER (ONLY 2,000 AVAILABLE):
• If you order Creepshow from our site directly you will receive the Blu-ray two weeks early and the following exclusively-made-for us items:
• A rolled 28.5” x 16.5” lithograph poster of the slipcase art
by Laz Marquez
• A rolled 18” x 24” poster of alternative art illustration, also
by Laz Marquez
The release is going to come with a rigid slipcover case, collectible booklet, and reversible cover art as pictured above in the promo. Just note that in the final retail version you just won’t get the posters and such if you don’t pre-order it through the distributor and are one of the first 1,500 to do so. That’s a limited edition run on the posters.
The full information regarding the release mentioned by Shout! Factory in their social media blaster yesterday can be found further below, after the break.