– commissions earned – ad – Continue reading “Road Games – Blu-ray Screenshots”
The 1968 Hammer film “The Devil Rides Out“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 29th via Scream Factory. The film, directed by Terence Fisher, starred Christopher Lee, Charles Gray, Nike Arrighi, Leon Greene, Patrick Mower, and Gwen Ffrangcon Davies. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio Mono sound. The film is presented in a “NEW 2K scan of the 20th Century Fox interpositive” and also included is the Studio Canal restored master.” The title on Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release have just been revealed today and include the following.
- NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman, filmmaker/film historian Constantine Nasr and author/screenwriter Richard Christian Matheson
- NEW Satanic Shocks – author/film historian Kim Newman discusses THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- NEW Folk Horror Goes Haywire – author/film historian Jonathan Rigby discusses THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- Audio Commentary with actors Christopher Lee and Sarah Lawson
- Black Magic: The Making of THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- Dennis Wheatley at Hammer
- World of Hammer episode – HAMMER
- Theatrical Trailers
- Still Gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details regarding this upcoming release.
The 1998 film “John Carpenter’s Vampires“ is getting a “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on September 24th via Scream Factory. The film, directed by John Carpenter, starred James Woods, Daniel Baldwin, Sheryl Lee, Thomas Ian Griffith, Maximilian Schell, and Tim Guinee. The tech specs for the release have not yet been fully detailed but you can expect full 1080p HD video in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio with lossless (DTS-HD Master Audio) sound, likely in both 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 surround configurations – although not yet confirmed. The Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release have just been detailed today and are listed below.
- NEW Time to Kill Some Vampires – an interview with composer/director John Carpenter, producer Sandy King Carpenter and cinematographer Garry B. Kibbe
- NEW Jack the Slayer – an interview with actor James Woods
- NEW The First Vampire – an interview with actor Thomas Ian Griffith
- NEW Raising the Stakes – an interview with special effects artist Greg Nicotero
- NEW Padre – an interview with actor Tim Guinee
- Audio Commentary by composer/director John Carpenter
- Isolated Score
- Vintage Making of featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release of the film.
“The Omen Collection [Deluxe Edition]“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc as a 5-disc set on October 15th via Scream Factory. This set features the five films “The Omen” (1976), “Damien: Omen II” (1978), “The Final Conflict” (1981), “Omen IV: The Awakening” (1991), and the remake “The Omen” (2006). There are no specific details yet regarding tech specs for the films but stay tuned for an update. It is however definitely worth noting that the first film in this set (“The Omen” original from 1976) will come with a new video transfer from a new 4K remaster. The other four films have not been said to have received new transfers, but they still could as details will be announced at a later point this year. That said, bonus materials are currently “in progress” so you will have to wait to hear what those are specifically, as well. You can now find the Blu-ray set available to pre-order over at Amazon as well as directly from Shout! Factory’s store (with an added bonus rolled lithograph for the first 666 customers).