The 1942 Alfred Hitchcock directed film “Notorious“ starring Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman is getting released on Blu-ray Disc by The Criterion Collection on January 15th, 2019. The film had previously been released on the format by MGM back in 2012, but it’s now getting re-released because it has received a New 4K restoration. The tech specs for the release include 1080p HD Black & White video in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio with an uncompressed Mono sound mix. The Criterion Collection version Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and directly via Criterion. There are several New bonus materials set to be included on this release and the complete list can be found below, along with details about the restoration.
New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentaries from 1990 and 2001 featuring Alfred Hitchcock scholar Marian Keane and film historian Rudy Behlmer
- New interview with Hitchcock biographer Donald Spoto
- New program about the film’s visuals with cinematographer John Bailey
- New scene analysis by film scholar David Bordwell
- Once Upon a Time . . . “Notorious,” a 2009 documentary about the film featuring actor Isabella Rossellini; filmmakers Peter Bogdanovich, Claude Chabrol, and Stephen Frears; and others
- New program about Hitchcock’s storyboarding and previsualization process by filmmaker Daniel Raim
- 1948 newsreel footage of actor Ingrid Bergman and Hitchcock
- 1948 Lux Radio Theatre adaptation of Notorious, starring Bergman and Joseph Cotten
- Trailers and teasers
- PLUS: An essay by critic Angelica Jade Bastién
- New cover by Greg Ruth
The 2018 Antoine Fuqua directed sequel “The Equalizer 2” starring Denzel Washington is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 11th via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video and Dolby Atmos sound. Both versions will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio. The two different releases will each come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. The film on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- “Retribution Mode” with Denzel Washington and Director Antoine Fuqua
- 11 Deleted & Extended Scenes
- “Denzel as McCall: Round Two” Featurette
- The Equalizer 2 Pop Up Trivia Track
- “Seconds Till Death: Action Breakdown”
- “Through Antoine’s Lens: The Cast”
- Two NBA Promos
Below, after the break, you can find the cover art for the Blu-ray release.
Continue reading ““The Equalizer 2” starring Denzel on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in December”
The upcoming release of “The Critters Collection“ coming to Blu-ray Disc in a box set on November 27th via Scream Factory has officially been detailed. The release will contain the four films “Critters” (1986), “Critters 2: The Main Course” (1988), “Critters 3” (1991), and “Critters 4” (1992), spanning across a 4-disc set. Tech specs for the release have not been fully detailed, but we do know that the first two films have received new 2K scans from the original film elements. Stay tuned for further info regarding the tech specs for the films. The set is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the releases can be a tad bit lengthy, so I’ll just let you view the full announcement for the release below, after the break.
Continue reading ““The Critters Collection” from Scream Factory coming November gets detailed”
The 2018 Aneesh Chaganty directed film “Searching“ starring John Cho is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 27th via Sony. The film, co-starring Debra Messing, Michelle La, Sara Sohn and Joseph Lee, has received much critical acclaim during its theatrical run. In fact, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) of 93% on the tomatometer over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the release have have not yet been detailed but you can LIKELY expect 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The Blu-ray is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. The release will come with a Digital Copy of the film included. Details regarding the bonus materials and a list of them can be found below.
The SEARCHING Blu-ray, DVD and Digital bonus features uncovers this innovative storytelling through the commentary of the director and three exclusive behind-the scenes featurettes. Explore the creative process of producing a film told entirely on the screens we use every day in “Changing The Language Of Cinema”. Delve into the film’s challenging cinematography in “Update Username: Cast And Characters”, featuring interviews with the cast and the filmmakers. Finally, in “Searching For Easter Eggs”, where filmmaking duo, Chaganty and Ohanian reveal the compelling “blink and you missed it” Easter Eggs hidden in the ancillary screen space throughout the film.
Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Bonus Materials Include:
- “Changing The Language Of Cinema”
- “Update Username: Cast and Characters”
- “Searching For Easter Eggs”
- “Audio Commentary with Aneesh Chaganty & Sev Ohanian”
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this release.
Continue reading “2018 film “Searching” starring John Cho is coming to Blu-ray Disc in November”
The following titles will be released October 16th, 2018 on Blu-ray Disc:
Ant-Man and The Wasp [Marvel/Disney]
BuyBust [Well Go USA]
City Slickers (Collector’s Edition) [Shout Select]
Down a Dark Hall [Lionsgate]
Dracula A.D. 1972 [Warner Archive]
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) [Olive Signature]
It’s Pat [Kino Lorber Studio Classics]
Kazaam [Kino Lorber Studio Classics]
Schlock [Arrow Video]
Shampoo [The Criterion Collection]
The Prince of Egypt [Dreamworks/Universal]
Trilogy of Terror [Kino Lorber Studio Classics]
Unfriended: Dark Web [Universal]
Whitney (2018) [Lionsgate]
The 2018 Sci-Fi film “Kin” written and directed by Jonathan Baker and Josh Baker is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via Lionsgate. The film features a cast that includes Myles Truitt, Jack Reynor, Dennis Quaid, Zoë Kravitz, James Franco, Carrie Coon, Ian Matthews, Gavin Fox, and Michael B. Jordan. Tech specs for both releases include video in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS:X and Dolby Digital 2.0 (optimized for late night listening) sound. The 4K release will include both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K release getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included.
You can PRE-ORDER both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray already over at Amazon. It also appears that there will be an Exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray release available at Best Buy – although the pre-order listing is not yet functional. Stay tuned for an update on that. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with co-directors Jonathan and Josh Baker and screenwriter Daniel Casey
- “Thicker Than Water: The Making of Kin” 8-Part Documentary
- “Enhanced Visual FX Breakdown” Featurette
- “Bag Man: Original Short” with optional audio commentary by co-directors Jonathan and Josh Baker
- 10 Deleted Scenes
- “Learned Behavior: Special Features at Work” hour-long round table discussion between Jonathan and Josh Baker and renowned filmmakers including 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg, Swiss Army Man directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, legendary special features producer Laurent Bouzereau (Jaws, Back to the Future, Ready Player One) and special features godfather Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Tusk).
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray Disc and the official announcement for these releases.
Continue reading “2018 Sci-Fi film “Kin” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in November”