The following new titles will be released January 21st, 2020 on Blu-ray Disc:
View the full list below with Amazon links.
– commissions earned –
The 2005 film “Me and You and Everyone We Know“ written & directed by Miranda July will finally get a Blu-ray Disc release from The Criterion Collection on April 28th. The film, previously only available on DVD, starred John Hawkes, Miranda July, Miles Thompson, Brandon Ratcliff, Carlie Westerman, Hector Elias, and Brad William Henke. The tech specs for the release include a high definition (HD) transfer, approved by director Miranda July, in 1080p in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon and directly from the Criterion website. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- New documentary about July’s artistic beginnings and the development of her debut feature
- Open to the World, a new documentary by July about the 2017 interfaith charity shop and participatory artwork she created in collaboration with Artangel
- July Interviews July: Deauville, 2005, a discovery from July’s archives, newly edited
- Six scenes from the 2003 Sundance Directors Lab, where July workshopped the film, with commentary by July
- The Amateurist (1998) and Nest of Tens (2000), short films by July
- Several films from July’s Joanie 4 Jackie project, and a documentary about the program
- PLUS: Essays by artist and scholar Sara Magenheimer and novelist Lauren Groff
The 2014 Wes Anderson directed-film “The Grand Budapest Hotel“ will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release from The Criterion Collection on April 28th. The film, previously released on Blu-ray from Universal back in 2014, featured a cast of Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham, Mathieu Amalric, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, and Bill Murray. The tech specs for the new Criterion Blu-ray include a 2K digital transfer, supervised by Wes Anderson, presented in 1080p HD video in a variety of aspect ratios (1.37:1, 1.85:1, and 2.40:1) with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The Criterion Collection Blu-ray of the film is now available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via the Criterion website. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- New audio commentary featuring Anderson, filmmaker Roman Coppola, and actor Jeff Goldblum
- Selected-scene storyboard animatics
- The Making of “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” a new documentary about the film
- New interviews with the cast and crew
- Video essays from 2015 and 2020 by critic Matt Zoller Seitz and film scholar David Bordwell
- Behind-the-scenes, special-effects, and test footage
- PLUS: Two pieces by critic Richard Brody and (with the Blu-ray) a double-sided poster and other ephemera
- New cover by Emma Wesley
Available as part of :
– ad – commissions earned –
The critically-acclaimed 2019 Bong Joon Ho directed film “Parasite“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 28th via Universal. The film, from South Korea and nominated for 6 Oscars (including Best Picture), stars Song Kang Ho, Lee Sun Kyun, Cho Yeo Jeong, Choi Woo Shik, Park So Dam, and Chang Hyae Jin. At the time of writing this, the film carries a 99% rating and is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Korean audio with English and French subtitles on a BD-50 disc. The film will come with a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. The only bonus material set to be included on the release is listed below.
- Q&A with Director Bong Joon Ho
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video release of this film.
The following new titles will be released January 14th, 2020 on Blu-ray Disc:
View the full list below with Amazon & Best Buy links.
– commissions earned –
– ad – commissions earned –
The 2019 film “Ford v Ferrari” starring Matt Damon and Christian Bale is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 11th via Fox. The film, based on a true story & directed by James Mangold, co-stars Jon Bernthal, Tracy Letts, and Remo Girone. This movie has received quite a bit of critical acclaim during its theatrical run, in fact, at the time of writing this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specifications for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the inclusion of its Blu-ray counterpart. Both the 4K and Blu-ray will receive a digital code (copy) of the film. You cannot yet find the film available for preorder over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update. It is however listed over at retailers Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. Speaking of retailers, there will be retailer exclusives of this. There will be an exclusive SteelBook of the 4K available at Best Buy (pictured below). There will also be an exclusive 4K in Book packaging available at Target (also pictured below). Both of those exclusives are now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- “The 24 Hour Le Mans: Recreating the Course” Featurette – Discover how the climactic race of the film was achieved, from recreating the track to capturing and editing all the action.
- Pre-Vis: Daytona & Le Mans Races – These animated pre-visualization sequences worked as a roadmap for filmmakers throughout production.
- “Bringing The Rivalry to Life” * – Go behind the scenes of the film with this 8-part, 60-minute documentary. *Available on both Digital and Blu-ray™
- Matt and Christian: The Conversation (iTunes Extras exclusive) – Sit down with Christian Bale and Matt Damon for an intimate reflection on the making of the film.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video release of this film.
A Special Edition DigiBook set of both the 1923 silent and 1956 films is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 10th via Paramount. Both of these films were directed by the legendary Cecil B. DeMille and are here presented together for the first time in a 3-disc set. The classic 1956 film starred Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, and Vincent Price. Tech specs have not yet been detailed for the release. So, stay tuned for some updates regarding this release. UPDATE: This Blu-ray set is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials, physical and on the disc(s), set to be included are listed below.
- A 16-page booklet featuring rare photos and historical facts about both productions.
- An in-depth, 73-minute documentary entitled “The Ten Commandments: Making Miracles”
- Audio commentary on the 1956 film by Katherine Orrison, author of “Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille’s Epic, The Ten Commandments”
- Newsreel footage of the film’s New York premiere
- Theatrical trailers
- Hand-tinted footage of the Exodus and Parting of the Red Sea sequence from the 1923 version
- A two-color Technicolor segment
- Photo galleries
Further below, after the break, you can find even more details regarding this upcoming special release of the films on Blu-ray.
The 2019 film “Dark Waters“ starring Mark Ruffalo is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 3rd via Universal. The film, based on a true story & directed by Todd Haynes, co-stars Anne Hathaway, Tim Robbins, and Bill Pullman. This movie has received much critical acclaim during its theatrical run and as a result, at the time of writing, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound on a BD-50 (50 gigabyte dual-layered Blu-ray Disc). The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD counterpart being included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Uncovering Dark Waters
- The Cost of Being a Hero
- The Real People