The HBO TV series “Westworld: Season Four: The Choice” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 29th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The show, created by Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan, in its fourth season stars Evan Rachel Wood, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson, Aaron Paul, Luke Hemsworth, Angela Sarafyan, Ariana DeBose, Aurora Perrineau, and Daniel Wu.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p video presentation with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and lossless [presumably DTS-HD Master Audio] 5.1 surround sound, spanning across a 3-discs [for 4K]. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation and 5.1 lossless surround sound, spanning across a 2-disc set. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterparts of the fourth season as well as a digital code (copy).
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Westworld on the Road (Exclusive to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD)
- Westworld: An Exploration of Humanity (Exclusive to Home Entertainment)
- Westworld’s Temperance: A Set Tour
- Creating Westworld’s Reality Episodes 1-8
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the home entertainment releases of the fourth season of this show.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2020 film “The Last Full Measure“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 21st, via Lionsgate. The film, inspired by a true story, written & directed by Todd Robinson, included a cast of Sebastian Stan, Christopher Plummer, William Hurt, Ed Harris, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Imperioli, and the late Peter Fonda. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 audio. This release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and Target. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “The Women of The Last Full Measure” Featurette
- “Medal of Honor Ceremony Shoot” Featurette
- “The Others May Live: Remembering Operation Abilene” Featurette
- “USAF Museum Screening with Veterans & Pitsenbarger Family” Featurette
- “The Music of The Last Full Measure” Featurette
- “William Pitsenbarger Tribute” Photo Gallery
The 1992 film “Glengarry Glen Ross” directed by James Foley will officially be getting a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Disc release on June 2nd via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). The film starred Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Kevin Spacey, and Jonathan Pryce. The tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update later this year. It’s known that a set of new bonus materials are being created by Shout! Factory for this upcoming release which will be announced at a later date. You cannot yet find this Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update on that. However, you can now find the Blu-ray already available for preorder directly via Shout! Factory’s website.
The 1995 Oliver Stone directed film “Nixon“ starring Anthony Hopkins is getting a “Special Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on May 21st via Kino Lorber Studio Classics, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs haven’t been fully detailed but it will for certain contain 1080p video with uncompressed 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo sound configurations. Both the theatrical cut (120 minutes) and the extended director’s cut (212 minutes) of the film will be included on what is said to be a 3-disc set. The upcoming Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Details about the release and a list of bonus materials set to be included are below.
This special three-disc edition includes both the original theatrical cut and the extended director’s cut, and is loaded with extras.
- Includes both the original 191-minute theatrical cut and the extended 212-minute director’s cut
- Two Audio Commentaries with Director Oliver Stone (Director’s Cut): Oliver Stone Discusses the Film’s Performances, Style & Scrip/Oliver Stone Discusses the Politics & History of the Era
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jim Hemphill (Theatrical Cut)
- Deleted Scenes Introduced by Oliver Stone (58:16)
- Beyond Nixon Documentary (35:19)
- Charlie Rose Interviews Oliver Stone (55:09)
- Making-of Featurette
- 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo
- Theatrical Trailer
Editor Note: I would say that there’s a slight chance this could actually someday receive a 4K UHD Blu-ray release, considering that the distributor recently announced plans to bring their first title to that format. That film announced for 4K also stars Anthony Hopkins (“Hannibal“) so it would be fitting.