– commissions earned – ad – Continue reading “Road Games – Blu-ray Screenshots”
– commissions earned – Continue reading “Chuck Berry: Hail! Hail! Rock ‘N’ Roll – Blu-ray Screenshots”
Available as part of:
The 1968 Hammer film “The Devil Rides Out“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 29th via Scream Factory. The film, directed by Terence Fisher, starred Christopher Lee, Charles Gray, Nike Arrighi, Leon Greene, Patrick Mower, and Gwen Ffrangcon Davies. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio Mono sound. The film is presented in a “NEW 2K scan of the 20th Century Fox interpositive” and also included is the Studio Canal restored master.” The title on Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release have just been revealed today and include the following.
- NEW Audio Commentary with author/film historian Steve Haberman, filmmaker/film historian Constantine Nasr and author/screenwriter Richard Christian Matheson
- NEW Satanic Shocks – author/film historian Kim Newman discusses THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- NEW Folk Horror Goes Haywire – author/film historian Jonathan Rigby discusses THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- Audio Commentary with actors Christopher Lee and Sarah Lawson
- Black Magic: The Making of THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- Dennis Wheatley at Hammer
- World of Hammer episode – HAMMER
- Theatrical Trailers
- Still Gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details regarding this upcoming release.
The 1979 film “Rock ‘N’ Roll High School“ is getting a “40th Anniversary Edition” Steelbook release to Blu-ray Disc on November 19th via Shout! Factory. The film, executive produced by Roger Corman, featured a cast of P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten, Clint Howard, Dey Young, Mary Woronov, Paul Bartel, Don Steele, Dick Miller, and punk band the Ramones. Tech specs for this release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K scan of the original camera negative. UPDATE: I’ve just confirmed that audio on this release includes DTS-HD Master Audio Mono and Stereo sound. The 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Steelbook is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and directly via the Shout! Factory store. Details about the video transfer and bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
- NEW “Class Of ’79: 40 Years Of Rock ‘N’ Roll High School” – Featuring Interviews With Director/Story Writer Allan Arkush, Co-Director/Story Writer Joe Dante, Actress P.J. Soles, Screenwriter Richard Whitley, Screenwriter Russ Dvonch, Cinematographer Dean Cundey, Editor Larry Bock, And More!
- Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush, Mike Finnell And Richard Whitley
- Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush And Actors P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
- Audio Commentary With Richard Whitley And Russ Dvonch
- Audio Commentary With Executive Producer Roger Corman And Actress Dey Young
- “Back To School: A Retrospective” With Interviews From Allan Arkush, Executive Producer Roger Corman And More
- “Staying After Class”: An Interview With Actors P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
- Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
- Interview With Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills
- Audio Outtakes From The Roxy
- Original Radio Ads And TV Spot
- Theatrical Trailer
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release of the film.
The 1987 concert film/documentary “Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc in a “Collector’s Edition” on November 19th via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). The film, directed by Taylor Hackford, was recorded in 1986 during a 60th birthday concert celebration for Rock music legend Chuck Berry, put together by his friend Keith Richards (of The Rolling Stones). The incredible line-up of musicians that took part in this concert included Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Linda Ronstadt, Etta James, and Julian Lennon – as well as his father John Lennon via archival footage. UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title on Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray are listed below.
- Introduction by director Taylor Hackford
- 54 minutes of rehearsal footage
- The Reluctant Movie Star making-of documentary
- Witnesses to History documentary Parts 1 & 2
- “Chuckisms” – a collection of classic Chuck Berry remarks
- “The Burnt Scrapbook” – Chuck Berry reminisces over his musical memories with The Band’s Robbie Robertson
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release of the film.