The 2019 Shudder original TV series “Creepshow: Season 1“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 19th, via Image Entertainment (RLJE), according to Amazon. The show was based on the first two films of the same title and was produced by Greg Nicotero. In its first season, across six episodes and 12 tales, the show featured guest stars such as Adrienne Barbeau, Tobin Bell, Giancarlo Esposito, Dana Gould, Jeffrey Combs, DJ Qualls, and David Arquette. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have yet to be fully detailed but it is known that you can expect it to span across a 3-disc set. Stay tuned for any updates regarding bonus materials as well for the release, if and when I can get more info regarding it. It’s certainly worth noting that you can now find the Blu-ray Disc set already available for preorder over at Amazon.
Tag Archives: Adrienne Barbeau
– commissions earned – Read more
The 1990 film “Two Evil Eyes“ directed by George A. Romero and Dario Argento is getting a “Limited Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Blue Underground. The film featured a cast of Adrienne Barbeau, Harvey Keitel, Martin Balsam, E.G. Marshall, John Amos, and Tom Atkins. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K restoration with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono, and Dolby Digital Mono sound. The new 4K restoration here came from the uncensored original camera negative. The “limited edition” Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this new 3-disc “limited edition” Blu-ray are listed below.
- Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
- NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Two Masters’ Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento
- Savini’s EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film’s Special Make-Up Effects
- At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini’s home
- Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero
- NEW! Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada
- NEW! Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter
- NEW! One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio
- NEW! Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
- NEW! The Cat Who Wouldn’t Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi
- NEW! Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell
- NEW! Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
- Disc 3 (CD):
- TWO EVIL EYES Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Pino Donaggio
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with a new essay by Michael Gingold
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
Today Warner officially announced that the upcoming (previously announced) release of “Batman: The Complete Animated Series“ Deluxe Limited Edition on Blu-ray Disc has been pushed back two weeks, now slated to come out on October 30th. The original details on the release were reported but I’m going to go back over them as some things have changed and a new press release has been issued. It’s also not just the release date changing for this release either, as another change comes in that a Digital Copy of the entire series has now been added to the release.
Also today the studio (Warner) released a promotional video showing the restored footage of the opening title sequence from the show, that you can find further below (or directly on YouTube).
The series is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now with a reduced price from its suggested retail. The “deluxe limited edition” packaging here includes three collectible Funko Pop! figurines of “Batman”, “Harley Quinn”, and “The Joker” (as pictured). Also included are seven lenticular art cards, and the 12-disc set is “housed in a stunning layflat-book with a dazzling slipcase” – according to the studio.
Tech specs for the release have still not been fully detailed but I have reached out to get those. You can find the new video of the restored opening titles, info regarding the contents, and bonus materials set to be included on the box set further below, after the break, in the form of the official announcement from today.
The 1982 George A. Romero directed film “Creepshow” written by horror author Stephen King is getting a new upgraded “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 23rd via the folks at Scream Factory (a division of Shout! Factory), as they announced yesterday. There’s no info regarding the tech specs or bonus materials detailed yet, but stay tuned, as they claim in September we will receive an update on that. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon yet, but expect it to be soon, and an update here when it is. It is available now however for PRE-ORDER right directly from Shout! Factory, where you’ll get some added bonuses, listed and pictured below.
THE FOLLOWING INFO BELOW REFERS TO THE EXCLUSIVE LIMITED-EDITION WEBSITE OFFER (ONLY 2,000 AVAILABLE):
• If you order Creepshow from our site directly you will receive the Blu-ray two weeks early and the following exclusively-made-for us items:
• A rolled 28.5” x 16.5” lithograph poster of the slipcase art
by Laz Marquez
• A rolled 18” x 24” poster of alternative art illustration, also
by Laz Marquez
The release is going to come with a rigid slipcover case, collectible booklet, and reversible cover art as pictured above in the promo. Just note that in the final retail version you just won’t get the posters and such if you don’t pre-order it through the distributor and are one of the first 1,500 to do so. That’s a limited edition run on the posters.
The full information regarding the release mentioned by Shout! Factory in their social media blaster yesterday can be found further below, after the break.