Bong Joon Ho film Okja on Criterion 4K and Blu-ray
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2017 film “Okja“ is officially coming to the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats on July 5th via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed & co-written by Bong Joon Ho, starred An Seo Hyun, Byun Heebong, Tilda Swinton, Steven Yeun, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Giancarlo Esposito, and the voice of Jungeun Lee.
These releases come from a “4K digital master, approved by director Bong Joon Ho.” The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray will come in the form of a 2-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart included.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray versions available for preorder over at Amazon as well as directly via Criterion‘s website. The bonus materials set to be included, and details regarding some physical extras, as well as the artwork, are listed below.
- New conversation between Bong and producer Dooho Choi
- New interviews with actors An Seo Hyun and Byun Heebong
- New interviews with members of the crew about the film’s cinematography, visual effects, and costume and production design
- Short programs including a director’s video diary, featuring Bong; actors Paul Dano, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tilda Swinton, and Steven Yeun; and others
- Teaser, trailer, and web promos
- English subtitle translation and English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Karen Han
- New cover by Michael Boland