Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2022 film “Nope” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 25th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment, according to numerous retailers. The film, written & directed by Academy Award-winner Jordan Peele, stars Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Brandon Perea, Wrenn Schmidt, Keith David, Michael Wincott, Barbie Ferreira, Terry Notary, Devon Graye, and Donna Mills. It’s most certainly worth noting that the film is, at the time of writing, “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
According to the back packaging, tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation, shifting from aspect ratios of 2.20:1 to 1.78:1, with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation also with 2.20:1 to 1.78:1 aspect ratio shifts and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both 4K and Blu-ray releases will come as a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both including a digital code (copy) of the film which is compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the standard 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. It’s also worth noting that there will be a few retailer exclusives for this film on 4K. First off, retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is up for preorder but not yet functional. Also, pictured further below, you can find that retailer Walmart will be getting exclusive artwork for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release which is now available for preorder.
UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included with the releases of the film are listed below.
- SHADOWS: THE MAKING OF NOPE – Unpack the meaning of NOPE with Jordan Peele. Secrets are revealed with this 56-minute immersion exploring the film’s unanswered questions, taking you on an intimate journey inside every aspect of production and offering a detailed look at Peele’s revolutionary filmmaking process.
- DELETED SCENES – Watch five unreleased scenes from NOPE
- GAG REEL – A highlight reel of bloopers and outtakes featuring main cast
- CALL HIM JEAN JACKET – The object of the Haywood siblings’ fascination is an entity known only as “Jean Jacket.” Filmmakers provide insights into the conception, design, and execution of this mysterious organism.
- MYSTERY MAN OF MUYBRIDGE – A deep dive into THE HORSE IN MOTION by Eadweard Muybridge, its relationship to the Haywoods, and how it relates to the larger themes in NOPE.
Further below, after the break, you can find the press release with full details regarding the home video release of this film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2017 film “Okja“ is officially coming to the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats on July 5th via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed & co-written by Bong Joon Ho, starred An Seo Hyun, Byun Heebong, Tilda Swinton, Steven Yeun, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Giancarlo Esposito, and the voice of Jungeun Lee.
These releases come from a “4K digital master, approved by director Bong Joon Ho.” The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray will come in the form of a 2-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart included.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray versions available for preorder over at Amazon as well as directly via Criterion‘s website. The bonus materials set to be included, and details regarding some physical extras, as well as the artwork, are listed below.
- New conversation between Bong and producer Dooho Choi
- New interviews with actors An Seo Hyun and Byun Heebong
- New interviews with members of the crew about the film’s cinematography, visual effects, and costume and production design
- Short programs including a director’s video diary, featuring Bong; actors Paul Dano, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tilda Swinton, and Steven Yeun; and others
- Teaser, trailer, and web promos
- English subtitle translation and English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Karen Han
- New cover by Michael Boland
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2020 multiple Academy Award-nominated film “Minari” is coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 18th via Lionsgate. The film, written & directed by Lee Isaac Chung, stars Steven Yeun, Yeri Han, Alan S. Kim, Noel Cho, and Yuh-Jung Youn.
Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The release will come with a digital copy of the film. You can find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. As mentioned (and noted on the artwork) this film is nominated for a total of 6 Academy Awards, including Best Picture. It’s also worth noting (as on the art) that the film is currently (at the time of writing) “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Sowing Seeds: Making Minari
- Audio Commentary with Writer-Director Lee Isaac Chung and Actress Yuh-jung Youn
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film as well as the full info regarding this home video release of the film.
The 2019 reboot of “The Twilight Zone“ hosted by Jordan Peele, in its first season (Season One), will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release on February 18th, 2020 via Paramount, according to retailers. The show, which aired on CBS All Access, has been renewed for a second season (next year). Here, in its first season, the show featured cast members like Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Sanaa Lathan, Steven Yeun, Greg Kinnear, John Cho, Jacob Tremblay, DeWanda Wise, Taissa Farmiga, Ginnifer Goodwin, Chris O’Dowd, Zazie Beetz, and Seth Rogen. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but it is known that it will be a 5-disc set – including all 10 episodes. I’ll be updating this story later on, once I get some more info regarding this release from the folks at Paramount (or CBS). Stay tuned. Until then, you can find the Blu-ray set is now listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Walmart.
The 2018 Boots Riley written and directed film “Sorry to Bother You“ starring Lakeith Stanfield is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 23rd via Fox Home Entertainment. The film, at time of writing this, is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes where its carrying a 93% rating based on the critics’ reviews. This comedy co-stars Tessa Thompson, Jermaine Fowler, Omari Hardwick, Terry Crews, Danny Glover, Steven Yeun, Armie Hammer, Forest Whitaker, and also features the voices of David Cross, Patton Oswalt, and Lily James.
Tech specs include full 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film being included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Beautiful Clutter with Director Boots Riley
- Audio Commentary with Director Boots Riley
- The Cast of Sorry to Bother You
- The Art of the White Voice