Tag Archives: Jake Gyllenhaal
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2017 film “Okja“ is officially coming to the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats on July 5th via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed & co-written by Bong Joon Ho, starred An Seo Hyun, Byun Heebong, Tilda Swinton, Steven Yeun, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Giancarlo Esposito, and the voice of Jungeun Lee.
These releases come from a “4K digital master, approved by director Bong Joon Ho.” The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray will come in the form of a 2-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart included.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray versions available for preorder over at Amazon as well as directly via Criterion‘s website. The bonus materials set to be included, and details regarding some physical extras, as well as the artwork, are listed below.
- New conversation between Bong and producer Dooho Choi
- New interviews with actors An Seo Hyun and Byun Heebong
- New interviews with members of the crew about the film’s cinematography, visual effects, and costume and production design
- Short programs including a director’s video diary, featuring Bong; actors Paul Dano, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tilda Swinton, and Steven Yeun; and others
- Teaser, trailer, and web promos
- English subtitle translation and English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Karen Han
- New cover by Michael Boland
The 2001 Richard Kelly film “Donnie Darko” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in a limited edition release on April 27th via Arrow Video. The distributor just announced this today via social media. The film, written & directed by Richard Kelly, starred Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Mary McDonnell, Daveigh Chase, James Duval, Patrick Swayze, Jolene Purdy, Stuart Stone, Gary Lundy, Seth Rogen, Beth Grant, Noah Wyle, and Drew Barrymore. Both the theatrical cut and the Director’s Cut of the movie have received new 4K restorations from the original camera negatives, which were supervised and approved by the director Richard Kelly and the DP (director of photography) Steven Poster. The tech specs for the 2-disc limited edition 4K release will include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio, for both versions, in HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray limited edition set is now available for preorder over at Amazon.
This limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray will come with the following physical extras (pictured below).
- 100-page hardcover book featuring writing by Nathan Rabin, Anton Bitel and Jamie Graham, an in-depth interview with Richard Kelly, an introduction by Jake Gyllenhaal and contemporary coverage, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by Luke Preece
- Six double-sided collector’s postcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Luke Preece
The full details about and bonus materials set to be included with this limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film are listed below, after the break.
The 2018 film “Wildlife“ starring Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc via The Criterion Collection on May 19th. The film, the directorial debut of actor Paul Dano (also co-writer of the screenplay), co-starred Ed Oxenbould, Bill Camp, Zoe Margaret Colletti, and Darryl Cox. The film was extremely well-received by the critics, and in fact, at the time of writing, this still carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the Criterion Blu-ray include a new 2K digital master video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. Spine #1031, the Criterion Blu-ray, is now available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via Criterion. Details about this release and bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
- New 2K digital master, with 5.1 surround DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interviews with director Paul Dano, screenwriter Zoe Kazan, actors Carey Mulligan and Jake Gyllenhaal, cinematographer Diego García, production designer Akin McKenzie, and costume designer Amanda Ford
- New conversation on the film’s postproduction with Dano, editor Matthew Hannam, and composer David Lang
- Film at Lincoln Center conversation from 2018 between Dano and novelist Richard Ford about the film’s source material
- PLUS: An essay by critic Mark Harris
- New cover by Duncan Hannah
The 2018 sequel “Spider-Man: Far From Home” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Sony. The film which is part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” from Marvel Studios was directed by Jon Watts. The cast to this film included Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Marisa Tomei, Jon Favreau, Zendaya, and Jacob Batalon. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range along with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and presumably just a 5.1 or 7.1 DTS-HD MA lossless mix – although not specified by the studio in the press release. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions are now both available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook (pictured below) which is available to pre-order.
Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each version. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of the film.
The 2018 film “The Sisters Brothers” starring John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Fox. The film is based on a novel and was directed by Jacques Audiard. It features a supporting cast of Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rebecca Root, Allison Tolman, Rutger Hauer, and Carol Kane. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD as well as a Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Striking Gold: Making a “Modern Day” Western
- Q&A Panel
- Promotional Featurettes:
- Brothers Forever
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.