The 2008 Guillermo del Toro directed sequel “Hellboy II: The Golden Army“ starring Ron Perlman is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 7th, via Universal. The film’s cast featured Selma Blair, Doug Jones, John Alexander, James Dodd, Luke Goss, Anna Walton, Jeffrey Tambor, and John Hurt.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both the 4K disc and the Blu-ray are listed below.
- Feature Commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro [also on the 4K disc]
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair & Luke Goss [also on the 4K disc]
- Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro
- Production Workshop
- Zinco Epilogue Animated Comic
- Comic Book Builder
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro
- U-Control: Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View
- U-Control: Director’s Notebook
- U-Control: Set Visits
- U-Control: Concept Art Gallery