Amazon Commissions Earned
According to StarTrek.com, The Paramount+ original TV series “Star Trek: Discovery (Season Three)” is officially coming to the Blu-ray Disc format on July 20th via CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. There will be both a standard Blu-ray and a Blu-ray SteelBook release of the third season (pictured above). You can find both versions on Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon. The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The bonus materials set to be included with the Blu-ray release(s) are listed below.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 3 – Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props.
- STUNTED – Featuring interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher Maguire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable and executed to perfection.
- BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM (Exclusive) – Sonequa Martin Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.
- KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO – Traditionally the man behind the mask in Discovery, Kenneth Mitchell is unveiled as Aurellio in the third season. Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth’s wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery and what those roles mean to the show.
- BRIDGE BUILDING – Fans have been intrigued by Starship Discovery’s Bridge Crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.
- WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE (Exclusive) – Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
You can visit the news story over at StarTrek.com for an exclusive video trailer for the release. Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming Blu-ray release of the third season of the show.
The 2004 Guillermo del Toro directed film adaptation of “Hellboy“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 15th via Sony. The film starred Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, Selma Blair, Jeffrey Tambor, and John Hurt. Tech specs for the release include remastered video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos, as well as the original theatrical 5.1 sound – likely in DTS-HD Master Audio. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and digital copy (code) of the film included. UPDATE: This title on 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. There will also be a 4K Steelbook for the release Exclusive to retailer Best Buy, which is now available for pre-order but lacks any artwork. Stay tuned for an update on that.
Both the Theatrical and Director’s Cut versions of the film will be presented on the 4K disc. The bonus materials set to be included on the release, with some 4K exclusives, are listed below.
SPECIAL FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD
- ALL-NEW: Introduction by Guillermo del Toro
- ALL-NEW: “To Hell and Back” Retrospective Featurette
- Three Audio Commentaries Featuring Director Guillermo del Toro, creator Mike Mignola and the Cast
- “The Seeds of Creation” Documentary
- Theatrical Trailers
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details regarding bonus materials and such for the upcoming 4K release.
The 2006 film “Pan’s Labyrinth“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via New Line (Warner), according to an early alert to retailers. The film, from Academy Award-winning director Guillermo del Toro, starred Ivana Baquero, Ariadna Gil, Sergi López, Maribel Verdú, and Doug Jones. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update. You can find the film available now to pre-order over Amazon and Best Buy. It is known that the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film included.
The 2008 Guillermo del Toro directed sequel “Hellboy II: The Golden Army“ starring Ron Perlman is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 7th, via Universal. The film’s cast featured Selma Blair, Doug Jones, John Alexander, James Dodd, Luke Goss, Anna Walton, Jeffrey Tambor, and John Hurt.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both the 4K disc and the Blu-ray are listed below.
- Feature Commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro [also on the 4K disc]
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members Jeffrey Tambor, Selma Blair & Luke Goss [also on the 4K disc]
- Troll Market Tour with Guillermo del Toro
- Production Workshop
- Zinco Epilogue Animated Comic
- Comic Book Builder
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Director Guillermo del Toro
- U-Control: Scene Explorer: Schufften Goggle View
- U-Control: Director’s Notebook
- U-Control: Set Visits
- U-Control: Concept Art Gallery