“Jaws” officially comes to 4K UHD Blu-ray in June
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The classic 1975 film “Jaws“ directed by Steven Spielberg is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 2nd, according to a full press release just issued by Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, a winner of a total of three Academy Awards (“Oscars”), starred Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary, and Murray Hamilton. The new 45th Anniversary Limited Edition of the film on 4K will be available in various forms including a collectible lenticular packaging with a 44-page booklet (pictured below in high resolution).
First, the tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range along with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include the Blu-ray Disc and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the Exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook of the release available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below).
The bonus materials set to be included on the release span across both the 4K and the Blu-ray Disc and are detailed below.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD and BLU-RAY:
- The Making of JAWS
- The Shark Is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS
- JAWS: The Restoration
- Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
- From the Set
- Theatrical Trailer
- Production Photos
- Marketing JAWS
- JAWS Phenomenon
UPDATE #1 (10:10 am EST): You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray release available for preorder over at online retailers Deep Discount and HD Movie Source. There’s still no preorder listings available yet for Amazon or any of the major retailers. Stay tuned for updates.
UPDATE #2 (4:01 pm EST): You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray is available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full press release for this upcoming 4K release of the film with all of the details.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
LEGENDARY FILMMAKER STEVEN SPIELBERG’S CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE COMES TO 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
Jaws 45TH Anniversary
OWN THE 4K ULTRA HD COMBO PACK
WITH A BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL CODE ON JUNE 2, 2020
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
SINK YOUR TEETH INTO OVER THREE HOURS OF BONUS CONTENT!
Universal City, California, April 17, 2020 – In 1975, acclaimed director Steven Spielberg created the first ever summer blockbuster film and his first big hit, JAWS, the iconic and terrifying action-thriller that still makes audiences afraid to go in the water. Winner of three Academy Awards®, including Best Original Score, JAWS has become a cinematic touchstone for generations of moviegoers and one of the greatest and most influential films of all time. Universal Pictures Home Entertainment celebrates with the JAWS 45TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION available on 4K Ultra HD for the first time ever on June 2, 2020. This limited edition Combo Pack with lenticular packaging includes a 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and Digital code of the film along with over three hours of bonus features and a 44-page booklet with introductions, rare photos, storyboards and more from the archives. Dive into hours of bonus features including the making of JAWS, deleted scenes, outtakes from set and much more! JAWS 45TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION retains all the exhilarating suspense and thrills that made it an instant classic that continues to captivate audiences around the world, making this a must-own for everyone’s movie library.
Directed by Academy Award® winner Steven Spielberg, JAWS set the standard for edge-of-your-seat suspense, quickly becoming a cultural phenomenon. When the seaside community of Amity finds itself under attack by a dangerous great white shark, the town’s chief of police (Roy Scheider), a young marine biologist (Richard Dreyfuss) and a grizzled shark hunter (Robert Shaw) embark on a desperate quest to destroy the beast before it strikes again. Featuring an unforgettable score by John Williams that evokes pure terror, JAWS remains one of the most influential and gripping adventures in motion picture history.
- Production Photos
- Marketing JAWS
- JAWS Phenomenon
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- JAWS 45TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION 4K Ultra HD is available with HDR10+™, providing a premium HDR picture quality. HDR10+ transforms your movie watching experience with incredible brightness and contrast for each scene, delivering brighter brights and deepest darks.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
CAST & FILMMAKERS
Cast: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, Richard Dreyfuss, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton
Directed By: Steven Spielberg
Produced By: Richard D. Zanuck and David Brown
Music By: John Williams
Based on the Novel By: Peter Benchley
Screenplay By: Peter Benchley and Carl Gottlieb
Street Date: June 2, 2020
Selection Number: 61211208 (US) / 61211231 (CDN)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 2.35:1 Widescreen
Subtitles: English, French Canadian, Latin American Spanish
Video: 2160p UHD Dolby Vision/HDR10+/HDR 10
Languages/Sound: Dolby Atmos, English DTS Digital Surround 2.0 Mono, Dolby Digital 2.0 ; French European DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1 ; Latin American Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Run Time: 2 hours 4 minutes