Available as part of:
The 1978 Robert Zemeckis directed film “I Wanna Hold Your Hand“ is finally getting a Blu-ray Disc release on March 26th, via The Criterion Collection. The film, co-wrote by Bob Gale and produced by Steven Spielberg, featured a story involving teenagers traveling to see the legendary performance by The Beatles on “The Ed Sullivan Show” taping. The cast included Nancy Allen, Bobby Di Cicco, Marc McClure, Susan Kendall Newman, Theresa Saldana, Wendie Jo Sperber, and Eddie Deezen.
The film has received a new 4K restoration, that was approved by both the director (Zemeckis) and co-writer (Bob Gale). Tech specs include 1080p in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title on Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials (and specific details regarding the restoration) are listed below.
- New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Robert Zemeckis and cowriter Bob Gale, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation among Zemeckis, Gale, and executive producer Steven Spielberg
- New interview with actors Nancy Allen and Marc McClure
- Audio commentary from 2004 featuring Zemeckis and Gale
- The Lift (1972) and A Field of Honor (1973), two early short films by Zemeckis
- Trailer and radio spots
- PLUS: An essay by critic Scott Tobias
- New cover by Manansseh Johnson
The 1993 Steven Spielberg directed film “Schindler’s List” has received a 4K restoration which is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 18th via Universal – as a “25th Anniversary Edition” release. The film, which won a total of 7 Academy Awards, featured a cast of Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz, Caroline Goodall, and Jonathan Sagall.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray included (for bonus materials as well). Both the 4K and Blu-ray will include a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray versions of the “25th Anniversary Edition” are now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. The Bonus materials will include new featurettes as well as the previous Blu-ray and DVD extras. The bonus materials set to be included can be found listed below.
- New Schindler’s List: 25 Years Later – Director Steven Spielberg joins Actors Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz, and Caroline Goodall at the Tribeca Film Festival to reflect on the making of the film and its legacy.
- New USC Shoah Foundation Story with Steven Spielberg
- Voices from the List – A feature-length documentary with testimonies from Holocaust survivors and archival footage.
- Let Their Testimonies Speak – Stronger Than Hate
- About IWitness (2018)
- And More…
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the “25th Anniversary Edition” theatrical release and the Blu-ray Disc cover art.
The 1991 Steven Spielberg directed film “Hook“ starring Robin Williams is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 9th via Sony. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range (in a transfer approved by Spielberg) and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. UPDATE: The film on 4K is available to PRE-ORDER now both at over Amazon and Best Buy.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release include:
- ALL-NEW: 11 Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
The release will also include the previous bonus materials from the Blu-ray Disc release. Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.