1995 film “Nixon” with Anthony Hopkins gets a Special Edition Blu-ray in May
The 1995 Oliver Stone directed film “Nixon“ starring Anthony Hopkins is getting a “Special Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on May 21st via Kino Lorber Studio Classics, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs haven’t been fully detailed but it will for certain contain 1080p video with uncompressed 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo sound configurations. Both the theatrical cut (120 minutes) and the extended director’s cut (212 minutes) of the film will be included on what is said to be a 3-disc set. The upcoming Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Details about the release and a list of bonus materials set to be included are below.
This special three-disc edition includes both the original theatrical cut and the extended director’s cut, and is loaded with extras.
- Includes both the original 191-minute theatrical cut and the extended 212-minute director’s cut
- Two Audio Commentaries with Director Oliver Stone (Director’s Cut): Oliver Stone Discusses the Film’s Performances, Style & Scrip/Oliver Stone Discusses the Politics & History of the Era
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jim Hemphill (Theatrical Cut)
- Deleted Scenes Introduced by Oliver Stone (58:16)
- Beyond Nixon Documentary (35:19)
- Charlie Rose Interviews Oliver Stone (55:09)
- Making-of Featurette
- 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo
- Theatrical Trailer
Editor Note: I would say that there’s a slight chance this could actually someday receive a 4K UHD Blu-ray release, considering that the distributor recently announced plans to bring their first title to that format. That film announced for 4K also stars Anthony Hopkins (“Hannibal“) so it would be fitting.