The 1997 David Lynch directed film “Lost Highway“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 25th, via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The film starred Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, Robert Blake, Gary Busey, Robert Loggia, Balthazar Getty, and Richard Pryor. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a later update from KL Studio Classics. The Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and also directly from Kino Lorber.
Tag Archives: Kino Lorber Studio Classics
The 1995 Oliver Stone directed film “Nixon“ starring Anthony Hopkins is getting a “Special Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on May 21st via Kino Lorber Studio Classics, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs haven’t been fully detailed but it will for certain contain 1080p video with uncompressed 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo sound configurations. Both the theatrical cut (120 minutes) and the extended director’s cut (212 minutes) of the film will be included on what is said to be a 3-disc set. The upcoming Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Details about the release and a list of bonus materials set to be included are below.
This special three-disc edition includes both the original theatrical cut and the extended director’s cut, and is loaded with extras.
- Includes both the original 191-minute theatrical cut and the extended 212-minute director’s cut
- Two Audio Commentaries with Director Oliver Stone (Director’s Cut): Oliver Stone Discusses the Film’s Performances, Style & Scrip/Oliver Stone Discusses the Politics & History of the Era
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jim Hemphill (Theatrical Cut)
- Deleted Scenes Introduced by Oliver Stone (58:16)
- Beyond Nixon Documentary (35:19)
- Charlie Rose Interviews Oliver Stone (55:09)
- Making-of Featurette
- 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo
- Theatrical Trailer
Editor Note: I would say that there’s a slight chance this could actually someday receive a 4K UHD Blu-ray release, considering that the distributor recently announced plans to bring their first title to that format. That film announced for 4K also stars Anthony Hopkins (“Hannibal“) so it would be fitting.
The 2011 Ridley Scott directed film “Hannibal” starring Anthony Hopkins is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc (Special Edition) on April 30th, via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. This marks the first 4K release for Kino Lorber. The film co-starred Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Ray Liotta, Frankie Faison, Giancarlo Giannini, Francesca Neri, and Zeljko Ivanek.
Kino Lorber claims this has received a brand new 4K restoration in HDR and SDR, which was color graded by cinematographer John Mathieson.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and a lossless 2.0 Stereo mix in terms of sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray included 1080p video with the same DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and lossless 2.0 Stereo mix. Bonus materials were detailed by Kino Lorber today and include the following (housed on the Blu-ray):
- Audio commentary by director Ridley Scott
- Breaking the Silence: Making-of Hannibal Doc – including rare footage and interviews
- Anatomy of a Shoot-Out: A Five-Angle Breakdown of the “Fish Market” Action Scene
- Ridleygrams: A Featurette on the Art of Storyboarding
- An Exploration of the Film’s Opening Title Design
- Over 33 Minutes of Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional director commentary
- Alternate Ending with optional director commentary
- 19 TV Spots
- Theatrical Teaser
- Theatrical Trailer
Below, after the break, you can find the art for the new Blu-ray Disc version.
The 1965 Sergio Leone directed spaghetti western “For A Few Dollars More“ starring Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef has received a new 4K restoration and is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, 2019 via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The tech specs for the release include 1080p video with a variety of lossless restored 2.0 Stereo, the original Mono, and 5.1 surround mixes. The upcoming “Special Edition” Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below, along with details regarding the release.
- BRAND NEW 2018 4K RESTORATION
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
- NEW On location in Almería and Granada with Filmmaker Alex Cox
- Audio Commentary by Film Historian Sir Christopher Frayling
- FAFDM: The Christopher Frayling Archives
- A New Standard: Frayling on FAFDM
- Back for More: Clint Eastwood Remembers FAFDM
- Tre Voci: FAFDM
- FAFDM: The Original American Release Version
- Location Comparisons
- NEW TRAILERS FROM HELL with Ernest Dickerson
- NEW Promoting FAFDM: Posters & Lobby Cards
- NEW FAFDM: On the Set
- NEW FAFDM: Color Stills
- NEW FOR A FEW Pictures MORE
- Newly Restored 2.0 Stereo / Original 2.0 Mono / 5.1 Surround
- 12 Radio Spots
- Restored UA Logo
- Double Bill Trailer
- FAFDM Trailer 1
- FAFDM Trailer 2
- A Fistful of Dollars – Trailer
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Trailer
- A Fistful of Dynamite – Trailer
- Death Rides a Horse – Trailer
- The Mercenary – Trailer
The 1971 Jack Lemmon directed film “Kotch“ starring Walter Matthau is slated come to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The film, based on the novel of the same title, was nominated for a total of four Oscars. It co-starred Deborah Winters, Felicia Farr, Charles Aidman, Ellen Geer, Biff Elliot. This upcoming Blu-ray comes from a new 4K scan of the original film negative. Tech specs for the release have not yet been fully detailed, however it is known that the 1080p video will be in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. The Blu-ray is available to pre-order over at Amazon and directly via Kino Lorber. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Lee Gambin and Emma Westwood
- Promotional Trailer with star Walter Matthau and director Jack Lemmon
Below after the break, you can find a bit more info regarding this release and the film itself.
The 1994 Sci-Fi Thriller “The Puppet Masters“ starring Donald Sutherland is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The film, directed by Stuart Orme, was based on the Robert A. Heinlein novel, and featured cast of Eric Thal, Julie Warner, Keith David, Will Patton, Richard Belzer, Tom Mason, and Yaphet Kotto. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video and both 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless mixes in terms of sound.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are detailed below.
- Audio commentary by director Stuart Orme with film editor David Yardley
- Robert A. Heinlein: The Puppet Grand Master – Documentary with Spectrum literary agency agent Eleanor Wood, author, and screenwriter David Gerrold, author Brad Linaweaver and
Robert Gleason, the executive editor of Tor/Forge Books and the author of The Evil That Men Do
- Get Slugged with Julie Warner
- Strange Invasion with Keith David
- Alien Me, Alien You with Richard Belzer
- Larry Odien Pulls the Strings: The Practical Effects of The Puppet Masters
- Science Fantasy and Softcore Porn: Limited edition booklet essay by author and literary critic Samuel R. Delany
- Newly commissioned art by Jacob Phillips
- Animated Photo Gallery – Creature design images
- Limited Edition O-card Slipcase
- Reversible Art
- Theatrical Trailer
Below after the break you can get a look at the reversible cover art mentioned.