The 1990 film “Two Evil Eyes“ directed by George A. Romero and Dario Argento is getting a “Limited Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Blue Underground. The film featured a cast of Adrienne Barbeau, Harvey Keitel, Martin Balsam, E.G. Marshall, John Amos, and Tom Atkins. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K restoration with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono, and Dolby Digital Mono sound. The new 4K restoration here came from the uncensored original camera negative. The “limited edition” Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this new 3-disc “limited edition” Blu-ray are listed below.
- Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
- NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Two Masters’ Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento
- Savini’s EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film’s Special Make-Up Effects
- At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini’s home
- Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero
- NEW! Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada
- NEW! Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter
- NEW! One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio
- NEW! Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
- NEW! The Cat Who Wouldn’t Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi
- NEW! Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell
- NEW! Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
- Disc 3 (CD):
- TWO EVIL EYES Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Pino Donaggio
- BONUS! Collectible Booklet with a new essay by Michael Gingold
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 1995 Oliver Stone directed film “Nixon“ starring Anthony Hopkins is getting a “Special Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on May 21st via Kino Lorber Studio Classics, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs haven’t been fully detailed but it will for certain contain 1080p video with uncompressed 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo sound configurations. Both the theatrical cut (120 minutes) and the extended director’s cut (212 minutes) of the film will be included on what is said to be a 3-disc set. The upcoming Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Details about the release and a list of bonus materials set to be included are below.
This special three-disc edition includes both the original theatrical cut and the extended director’s cut, and is loaded with extras.
- Includes both the original 191-minute theatrical cut and the extended 212-minute director’s cut
- Two Audio Commentaries with Director Oliver Stone (Director’s Cut): Oliver Stone Discusses the Film’s Performances, Style & Scrip/Oliver Stone Discusses the Politics & History of the Era
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jim Hemphill (Theatrical Cut)
- Deleted Scenes Introduced by Oliver Stone (58:16)
- Beyond Nixon Documentary (35:19)
- Charlie Rose Interviews Oliver Stone (55:09)
- Making-of Featurette
- 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo
- Theatrical Trailer
Editor Note: I would say that there’s a slight chance this could actually someday receive a 4K UHD Blu-ray release, considering that the distributor recently announced plans to bring their first title to that format. That film announced for 4K also stars Anthony Hopkins (“Hannibal“) so it would be fitting.