1994 film No Escape with Ray Liotta comes to Blu-ray
The 1994 film “No Escape“ starring the late great Ray Liotta is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc for the first time [in the U.S.] on October 11th via Unearthed Films, under the Unearthed Classics division. The science fiction film [set in the year 2022] was directed by Martin Campbell, also known for directing “Casino Royale” (2006). It co-starred Lance Henriksen, Stuart Wilson, Kevin Dillon, Ernie Hudson, and the late Michael Lerner.
The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with options of both lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and uncompressed LPCM 2.0 Stereo sound mixes. Unearthed Films sent along with some promo images that seem to be screenshots [found below] from the new transfer of the film in HD. They, oddly enough though are 1918 pixels instead of 1920 pixels wide though for some reason. So, technically these are not in full HD just by 2 pixels in width? Still, it gives you an idea of how it should look, which is rather impressive.
- “WELCOME TO THE FUTURE: THE SCI-FI WORLDS OF GALE ANNE HURD” – A new interview with producer Gale Anne Hurd
- “SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST: DIRECTING NO ESCAPE” – A new interview with filmmaker Martin Campbell
- “PENAL COLONY: WRITING NO ESCAPE” – A new interview with co-writer Joel Gross
- Alternate Intro
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Photo Gallery
- Vintage Making of Featurettes
The full details about the upcoming release can be found below, after the break.
The Year is 2022. In the Prison of the Future, Escape is Impossible and Survival Isn’t Much Easier. From the makers of “Aliens” and “The Terminator”…
Coming from Unearthed Films October 11, 2022!
We are all saddened at the sudden loss of Ray Liotta. His unforgettable performances will remain in the collective minds and hearts of us all. We are happy to be able to release one of his underrated classics with the sci-fi adventure NO ESCAPE.
We thank Ray Liotta for the entertainment and for being a part of our lives. Rest in Peace.
–Stephen Biro, Owner and CEO, Unearthed Films
The Year is 2022. John Robbins (Ray Liotta), a former Marine Captain, has been sentenced for assassinating his commanding officer and is banished to a secret and remote prison island run by The Warden (Michael Lerner). In this prison of the future, inhabited by society’s most violent and feared criminals, Robbins is left to the mercy of the elements and his fellow man.He finds the island divided into two camps: The Outsiders, led by the brutal and bloodthirsty Marek (Stuart Wilson); and The Insiders, led by the strong-willed, benevolent Father (Lance Henriksen) and his followers Hankins (Ernie Hudson) and Casey (Kevin Dillon). Robbins doesn’t care to join either – his one aim is to break free of an island from which there is no escape. To aid him, he steals a powerful and destructive weapon from The Outsiders, sparking off a major war between the two encampments. Now bloody battle and the brutality of hand-to-hand combat will take many lives before Robbins can think of freedom again. Trapped on an island where nature can be as deadly as man, there is only one thought which keeps Robbins alive… escape…escape…escape.
- Martin Campbell (Casino Royale, Golden Eye, Green Lantern)
- Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator Series, Aliens, The Walking Dead)
- Richard Herley, Michael Gaylin, Joel Gross
- Graeme Revell (The Crow, Pitch Black, The Craft, Sin City)
- Ray Liotta (Goodfellas, Narc, Hannibal, John Q)
- Lance Henriksen (Near Dark, Pumpkin Head, The Quick and the Dead)
- Stuart Wilson (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hot Fuzz, Enemy of the State, The Mask of Zorro)
- Kevin Dillon (Platoon, The Doors, The Blob, Entourage)
- Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, The Wrong Guys, The Joy of Sex, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle)