Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1994 film “No Escape“ starring the late great Ray Liotta is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc for the first time [in the U.S.] on October 11th via Unearthed Films, under the Unearthed Classics division. The science fiction film [set in the year 2022] was directed by Martin Campbell, also known for directing “Casino Royale” (2006). It co-starred Lance Henriksen, Stuart Wilson, Kevin Dillon, Ernie Hudson, and the late Michael Lerner.
The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with options of both lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and uncompressed LPCM 2.0 Stereo sound mixes. Unearthed Films sent along with some promo images that seem to be screenshots [found below] from the new transfer of the film in HD. They, oddly enough though are 1918 pixels instead of 1920 pixels wide though for some reason. So, technically these are not in full HD just by 2 pixels in width? Still, it gives you an idea of how it should look, which is rather impressive.
You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the Blu-ray release are listed below.
- “WELCOME TO THE FUTURE: THE SCI-FI WORLDS OF GALE ANNE HURD” – A new interview with producer Gale Anne Hurd
- “SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST: DIRECTING NO ESCAPE” – A new interview with filmmaker Martin Campbell
- “PENAL COLONY: WRITING NO ESCAPE” – A new interview with co-writer Joel Gross
- Alternate Intro
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Photo Gallery
- Vintage Making of Featurettes
The full details about the upcoming release can be found below, after the break.
The 1988 Italian horror film “The Unnamable“ based on a short story written by H.P. Lovecraft is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on October 23rd via Unearthed Films, on their Unearthed Classics label. The film, which was directed by Jean-Paul Ouellette, starred Charles Klausmeyer, Mark Kinsey Stephenso, Alexandra Durrell, Mark Parra, Eben Ham, and Laura Albert. This has received a new 4K scan and has been color corrected from the original film negative. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and audio in DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio, Uncompressed Linear PCM 2.0 Stereo, and even a Vintage Audio Track (in 2.0). The title is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Video interview with actors, Charles Klausmeyer and Mark Kinsey Stephenson
- Video interview with actor, Eben Ham
- Video interview with actor, Laura Albert
- Video interview with actor, Mark Parra
- Video interviews with R. Christopher Biggs, special makeup effects artist and makeup artist, Camille Calvet
- Audio commentary with Charles Klausmeyer, Mark Stephenson, Laura Albert, Eben Ham, Camille Calvet and R. Christopher Biggs
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.