The Hills Have Eyes (1977) arrives on 4K in November
The 1977 original classic horror film “The Hills Have Eyes“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in a Limited Edition box set on November 9th [in the US] via Arrow Video. The film, written & directed by the late Wes Craven, starred John Steadman, Janus Blythe, Peter Locke, Russ Grieve, Virginia Vincent, Susan Lanier, Robert Houston, Doug Wood, Robert Houston, James Whitworth, Lance Gordon, Cordy Clark, and Michael Berryman.
The movie has received a 4K restoration and the release will include both the original (theatrical) and alternate endings. The tech specs include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range, as well as lossless Mono, 2.0 Stereo, and 7.1 surround sound mixes. The Stereo and 7.1 lossless mixes are only available for the original (theatrical) ending. Also, it’s most certainly worth noting that this will be a 1-disc 4K only release, and does not include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart.
The bonus materials, both physical (pictured below) and in terms of extras, set to be included with this limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray release are listed a bit further below.
- 6 postcards
- Reversible fold-out poster
- Limited edition 40-page booklet featuring writing on the film by critic Brad Stevens and a consideration of the Hills franchise by Arrow producer Ewan Cant, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Audio commentary with actors Michael Berryman, Janus Blythe, Susan Lanier and Martin Speer
- Audio commentary by academic Mikel J. Koven
- Audio commentary with Wes Craven and Peter Locke
- Looking Back on The Hills Have Eyes – making-of documentary featuring interviews with Craven, Locke, actors Michael Berryman, Janus Blythe, Robert Houston, Susan Lanier, Dee Wallace and director of photography Eric Saarinen
- Family Business – an interview with actor Martin Speer
- The Desert Sessions – an interview with composer Don Peake
- Alternate ending
- Trailers and TV Spots
- Image gallery
- Original screenplay