Tag Archives: Wes Craven
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1977 original classic horror film “The Hills Have Eyes“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in a Limited Edition box set on November 9th [in the US] via Arrow Video. The film, written & directed by the late Wes Craven, starred John Steadman, Janus Blythe, Peter Locke, Russ Grieve, Virginia Vincent, Susan Lanier, Robert Houston, Doug Wood, Robert Houston, James Whitworth, Lance Gordon, Cordy Clark, and Michael Berryman.
The movie has received a 4K restoration and the release will include both the original (theatrical) and alternate endings. The tech specs include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range, as well as lossless Mono, 2.0 Stereo, and 7.1 surround sound mixes. The Stereo and 7.1 lossless mixes are only available for the original (theatrical) ending. Also, it’s most certainly worth noting that this will be a 1-disc 4K only release, and does not include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart.
The bonus materials, both physical (pictured below) and in terms of extras, set to be included with this limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray release are listed a bit further below.
- 6 postcards
- Reversible fold-out poster
- Limited edition 40-page booklet featuring writing on the film by critic Brad Stevens and a consideration of the Hills franchise by Arrow producer Ewan Cant, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
- Audio commentary with actors Michael Berryman, Janus Blythe, Susan Lanier and Martin Speer
- Audio commentary by academic Mikel J. Koven
- Audio commentary with Wes Craven and Peter Locke
- Looking Back on The Hills Have Eyes – making-of documentary featuring interviews with Craven, Locke, actors Michael Berryman, Janus Blythe, Robert Houston, Susan Lanier, Dee Wallace and director of photography Eric Saarinen
- Family Business – an interview with actor Martin Speer
- The Desert Sessions – an interview with composer Don Peake
- Alternate ending
- Trailers and TV Spots
- Image gallery
- Original screenplay
The 1996 film “Scream” will officially be celebrating its 25th anniversary with a 4K UHD Blu-ray release in both standard and SteelBook form on October 19th, via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Wes Craven, starred Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Jamie Kennedy, Matthew Lillard, Skeet Ulrich, Rose McGowan, and Drew Barrymore.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray have not yet been detailed but you can for sure expect a 4K video presentation with HDR10 form of high dynamic range. Stay tuned for an update on the full details. The release (in standard and SteelBook forms) will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray standard release and the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook both available for preorder over at Amazon. The SteelBook can be seen below.
- A Bloody Legacy: Scream 25 Years Later — NEW!
- Audio commentary by director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson
- Production featurette
- Behind the Scenes:
- On the Scream Set
- Drew Barrymore
- Q&A with Cast and Crew:
- What’s Your Favorite Scary Movie?
- Why are People so Fascinated by Horror Films?
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film, as well as a remastered Blu-ray Disc release.
The 1995 Wes Craven directed film “Vampire in Brooklyn“ starring Eddie Murphy is finally coming to Blu-ray Disc for the very first time on September 15th, via Paramount. The film is considered a perhaps cult-classic yet was also widely hated by critics. It featured a supporting cast of Angela Bassett, Allen Payne, Kadeem Hardison, John Witherspoon, and Zakes Mokae. Tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. No bonus materials are set to be included on this release, according to the back package art.