Tag Archives: Arrow Video
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2006 Richard Kelly film “Southland Tales” will be officially getting a Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray release from Arrow Video on January 26th, 2021. The film, previously released on the format back in 2008, will now feature a new 2K video restoration that was “approved by director Richard Kelly and director of photography Steven Poster.” Tech specs for the Limited Edition Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio with the original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 Stereo sound mixes. This release will include both the film’s 145-minute Theatrical cut and also the 160-minute “Cannes” cut — as shown at the Cannes Film Festival. The film’s cast included Dwayne Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seann William Scott, Justin Timberlake, John Larroquette, Jon Lovitz, Wood Harris, Christopher Lambert, Amy Poehler, Cheri Oteri, Will Sasso, Wallace Shawn, Mandy Moore, Beth Grant, Zelda Rubinstein, and Kevin Smith.
- Audio commentary on the theatrical cut by Richard Kelly
- It’s a Madcap World: The Making of an Unfinished Film, a new in-depth retrospective documentary on the film, featuring contributions by Richard Kelly and members of the original crew
- USIDent TV: Surveilling the Southland, an archival featurette on the making of the film, featuring interviews with the cast and crew
- This is the Way the World Ends, an archival animated short set in the Southland Tales universe
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacey
- Limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Peter Tonguette and Simon Ward
The 1990 film “Tremors“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 15th via Arrow Video, in a Limited Edition box set, as announced today on social media by the distributor. The film, directed by Ron Underwood, starred Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, Reba McEntire, Robert Jayne, Ariana Richards, Victor Wong, Richard Marcus, Tony Genaro, and Charlotte Stewart. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the OAR 1.85:1 (original aspect ratio) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. Sound on the release will be presented in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, restored, as well as 5.1 and 4.0 surround mixes — both in DTS-HD MA. The movie has received a new 4K restoration, that has been approved by the film’s director as quoted below.
“New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Ron Underwood and director of photography Alexander Gruszynski”
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will span across 2 discs, and also include some physical extras pictured above as well as everything is detailed below.
- 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Kim Newman and Jonathan Melville and selected archive materials
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
- Small fold-out double-sided poster featuring new Graboid X-ray art by Matt Frank
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited Edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Frank
Disc 1 extras:
- New audio commentary by director Ron Underwood and writers/producers Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson
- New audio commentary by Jonathan Melville, author of Seeking Perfection: The Unofficial Guide to Tremors
- Making Perfection, a brand new documentary by Universal Pictures interviewing key cast and crew from the franchise (including Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross, Ariana Richards, Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock & S.S. Wilson, among many others) and revisiting the original locations
- The Truth About Tremors, a newly filmed interview with co-producer Nancy Roberts on the film’s rocky road to the screen
- Bad Vibrations, a newly filmed interview with director of photography Alexander Gruszynski
- Aftershocks and Other Rumblings, newly filmed on-set stories from associate producer Ellen Collett
- Digging in the Dirt, a new featurette interviewing the crews behind the film’s extensive visual effects
- Music for Graboids, a new featurette on the film’s music with composers Ernest Troost and Robert Folk
- Pardon My French!, a newly assembled compilation of overdubs from the edited-for television version
- The Making of Tremors, an archive documentary from 1995 by Laurent Bouzereau, interviewing the filmmakers and special effects teams
- Creature Featurette, an archive compilation of on-set camcorder footage showing the making of the Graboids
- Electronic press kit featurette and interviews with Kevin Bacon, Michael Gross and Reba McEntire
- Deleted scenes, including the original opening scene
- Theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots for the original film as well as trailers for the entire Tremors franchise
- Comprehensive image galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes stills, storyboards and two different drafts of the screenplay
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) extras:
- Extended hour-long interviews from Making Perfection with Ron Underwood, Brent Maddock, S.S. Wilson, Nancy Roberts and creature designer Alec Gillis
- Outtakes with optional introduction and commentary by S.S. Wilson
- Three early short films by the makers of Tremors, remastered in high definition, including S.S. Wilson’s stop-motion horror/comedy classic Recorded Live (1975)”
The 1984 action/sci-fi film “The Last Starfighter“ will be getting a Special Edition Blu-ray Disc release on October 13th via Arrow Video. The film, directed by Nick Castle, starred Lance Guest, Robert Preston, Kay E. Kuter, Dan O’Herlihy, Catherine Mary Stewart, Barbara Bosson, Norman Snow, and Robert Preston. This release is featuring a restoration from a new 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the original 2.39:1 aspect ratio with a newly added DTS-HD Master Audio 4.1 sound mix, as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, and the original uncompressed LPCM 2.0 Stereo mix. You can now find the Arrow Video Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The details regarding the new 4K scan, audio mix, and bonus materials as well as physical extras (in the first pressing) can be found below.
Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by Arrow Video to experience the 1984 sci-fi classic as you ve never experienced it before! Directed by Nick Castle, the man behind the Michael Myers mask in the original Halloween, The Last Starfighter tells the story Alex Rogan (Lance Guest), an arcade game whizz-kid whose wildest dreams comes true when he finds himself enlisted to fight in an interstellar war.
Now newly restored from a 4K scan of the original negative and featuring a 4.1 mix originally created for the film’s 70mm release never included on previous home video formats The Last Starfighter arrives loaded with brand new and archival bonus features. Strap yourself in: the Blu-ray adventure of a lifetime is about to begin!
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Uncompressed 2.0 stereo, 5.1 DTS-HD MA and 4.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with Mike White of The Last Projection Booth podcast
- Archival audio commentary with director Nick Castle and production designer Ron Cobb
- Heroes of the Screen archival featurette
- Crossing the Frontier: The Making of The Last Starfighter archival 4-part documentary
- Image Galleries
- Theatrical and Teaser Trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ferguson
- PLUS MORE NEW EXTRAS TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY physical extras:
- Limited Edition O-Card
- Limited Edition Reversible Poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amanda Reyes and sci-fi author Greg Bear’s never-before-published Omni magazine article on Digital Productions, the company responsible for the CGI in The Last Starfighter