Tag Archives: Arrow Video
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1984 John Hughes film “Sixteen Candles“ will be getting a “Special Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on April 14th, via Arrow Video. The film starred Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Justin Henry, Michael Schoeffling, and Gedde Watanabe. Tech specs for this new Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K restoration with both the original lossless Mono and 5.1 surround sound options. The release will include the Theatrical version (92 minutes) and an “Extended Version“ (94 minutes) that is premiering here on this new Blu-ray release. The upcoming Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Details about the release and the bonus materials, as well as physical extras set to be included on the release, are listed below.
- New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the Theatrical Version of the film (92 mins), plus Blu-ray premiere Extended Version (94 mins), featuring the additional cafeteria scene newly remastered in high definition
- Original lossless mono audio, plus 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround option
- Original English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Alternate home video soundtrack prepared for VHS and laserdisc releases
- Option to watch additional scene from the Extended Version separately
- Casting Sixteen Candles, an all-new audio interview with casting director Jackie Burch
- When Gedde Met Deborah, a newly filmed conversation between actors Gedde Watanabe and Deborah Pollack
- Rudy the Bohunk, a newly filmed interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
- The In-Between, a newly filmed interview with camera operator Gary Kibbe
- The New Wave Nerd, a newly filmed interview with filmmaker Adam Rifkin, who shadowed John Hughes while working as an extra on set
- Music for Geeks, a newly filmed interview with composer Ira Newborn
- A Very Eighties Fairytale, an all-new video essay written and narrated by writer Soraya Roberts, looking at the film from a contemporary feminist perspective
- Celebrating Sixteen Candles, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including stars Anthony Michael Hall, Paul Dooley, Justin Henry, Haviland Morris and Gedde Watanabe
- Theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
- Image galleries
- BD-ROM: PDF of the original shooting script
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nikki Baughan and Bryan Reesman
The 1987 Paul Verhoeven directed film “RoboCop” will be getting Limited Edition box set and Steelbook Blu-ray Disc releases on November 26th via Arrow Video. The film starred Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O’Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Ray Wise, and Kurtwood Smith. The tech specs for the limited edition Blu-ray included 1080p video in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a director-approved 4K restoration with lossless Stereo and 4.0 as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. This release will include both the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film. You can find the Limited Edition Blu-ray box set and the Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray (pictured below) both available for pre-order now over at Amazon.
The Limited Edition Blu-ray box set version will include some physical bonus materials in the form of a booklet, a reversible sleeve, six collectible postcards, and a double-sided fold-out poster (pictured below).
Below, after the break, you can find details about this 4K restoration, the audio mixes, and finally see a full list of the bonus materials set to be included on the 2-disc set.
The 1981 John Landis film “An American Werewolf in London“ will be getting a Limited Edition Blu-ray Disc box set release from Arrow Video on October 29th. The film starred David Naughton and Griffin Dunne. This limited edition set will include a “new 2018 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis.” Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with the original uncompressed Linear PCM Mono 1.0 and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. UPDATE: Arrow’s Limited Edition Blu-ray can now be found for pre-order over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release will come in the form of some physical extras (pictured below) as well as with some new content which is listed further below, after the break.