1958 Alfred Hitchcock film Vertigo on 4K in September
Amazon Commissions Earned
According to multiple retailer listings, the 1958 film “Vertigo“ directed by Alfred Hitchcock is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray individually on September 7th, via Universal. The film starred James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes, Tom Helmore, Henry Jones, Raymond Bailey, Ellen Corby, and Konstantin Shayne.
NOTE: This film had previously been released on the 4K UHD Blu-ray format in a box set, “The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection“ from 2020.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS:X immersive sound, on a BD-100 disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the standard individual 4K UHD Blu-ray of the film available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook of this film available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is not yet functional as a preorder. Stay tuned for an update regarding that.
The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Obsessed with Vertigo: New Life for Hitchcock’s Masterpiece
- Partners In Crime: Hitchcock’s Collaborators
- Saul Bass: Title Champ
- Edith Head: Dressing the Master’s Movies
- Bernard Herrmann: Hitchcock’s Maestro
- Alma: The Master’s Muse
- Foreign Censorship Ending
- Hitchcock/Truffaut – In 1962, filmmaker François Truffaut, aided by his translator and associate, Helen G. Scott, spent numerous hours interviewing Alfred Hitchcock for his book, “Hitchcock.” The audio recording of those interviews provides the soundtrack to this montage of film clips and stills, giving audiences a deeper insight into one of Alfred Hitchcock’s masterpieces.
- Feature Commentary with Film Director William Friedkin
- Theatrical Trailer
- Restoration Theatrical Trailer
- 100 Years of Universal: The Lew Wasserman Era