1982 film The House on Sorority Row on Blu-ray in July
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1982 horror film “The House on Sorority Row” will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release on July 6th via MVD Entertainment Group, as part of the MVD Rewind Collection. The film, directed and co-written by Mark Rosman, starred Kathryn McNeil (AKA Kate McNeil) and Eileen Davidson. The tech specs for this Blu-ray release of the film include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Uncompressed LPCM (Linear PCM) 2.0 Stereo sound. There also will be a “second, alternate version of the film with director approved pre-credit sequence with mono audio” according to promotional material.
You can now find the Blu-ray of the MVD Rewind Collection version of the film now available for preorder over at Amazon. The full tech info about this release of the film on Blu-ray and the list of bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- High Definition (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 1.78:1 aspect ratio with LPCM 2.0 stereo sound plus a second, alternate version of the film with director approved pre-credit sequence with mono audio
- Optional English Subtitles on main feature
- Audio Commentary with director Mark Rosman
- Audio commentary with director Mark Rosman and stars Eileen Davidson and Kathryn McNeil
- Interviews with cast and crew including: Director Mark Rosman, stars Harley Jane Kozak, Eileen Davidson and Kathryn McNeil, Composer Richard Band and Producer Igo Kantor
- Original Pre-Credit Sequence
- Alternate ending storyboards
- TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible Artwork
- Collectible Mini-Poster
It’s certainly worth noting that the film has been previously released on the Blu-ray format stateside back in 2014 but has since been OOP (out of print), and it even apparently received a UK Blu-ray release that is also seemingly OOP. So, this new release on Blu-ray will be welcomed by those who never got the chance to own those previously mentioned versions of this cult-classic.