The 2002 John Woo directed film “Windtalkers“ starring Nicolas Cage is getting a 2-Disc Ultimate Edition Blu-ray Disc release on November 6th via MVD Entertainment Group, on their MVD Marquee Collection label. The release will include both the original Theatrical Cut (134 minutes) and the Director’s Cut (153 minutes). Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound on both versions of the film. The release is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Director John Woo and Producer Terence Chang
- Audio Commentary with Christian Slater and Nicolas Cage
- Audio Commentary with actor Roger Willie and real-life Navajo code talker consultant Albert Smith
- Deleted Scenes
- ”The Code Talkers — A Secret Code of Honor” (23:12)
- WWII Tribute Piece ”American Heroes: A Tribute to Navajo Code Talkers” (9:00)
- ”The Music of Windtalkers” (4:30)
- Four Fly-on-the-Set Scene Diaries (23:37)
- ”Actors Boot Camp” Featurette (15:05)
- Behind The Scenes Photo Gallery
- Windtalkers Theatrical Teaser and Original Theatrical Trailer
The 1988 James Bridges directed film “Bright City, Big Lights“ starring Michael J. Fox is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via MVD Entertainment, as part of their MVD Rewind Collection label. The film, based on the novel written by Jay McInerney, co-starred Kiefer Sutherland, Phoebe Cates, and Swoosie Kurtz. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Uncompressed Linear PCM 2.0 Stereo sound. This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary with Author/Screenwriter Jay McInerney
- Commentary with Cinematographer Gordon Willis
- ”Jay McInerney’s The Light Within” featurette
- ”Big City Lights” featurette
- Photo Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer
The folks at MVD Entertainment Group have launched a couple of new labels that will be releasing titles on Blu-ray Disc. The new labels over at MVD are as follows below.
The MVD Marquee Collection label will include studio and indie films that aren’t quite “cult” classics but old enough to be considered ‘catalog” titles. The first releases coming to the label are listed below along with the release dates.
- Walking Tall (2004) (Special Edition) – 8/14
- Crazy Six – 8/28
- Blast – 8/28
- Autumn In New York – 8/28
- Barbershop (Special Edition) – 9/11
- Barbershop 2: Back In Business (Special Edition) – 9/11
- Beauty Shop – 9/11
- Out Of Time (Special Edition) – 10/9
- Art School Confidential – 10/9
- Windtalkers (2-Disc Ultimate Edition) – 10/23
- Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction (Special Edition) – 11/13
- Memories Of Me – 11/27
The MVD Classics label will deal with films that fall between the companies other labels and might be deemed a little “obscure” for some. Not all of these titles will be coming to Blu-ray either, as some don’t have HD masters, etc. The first releases coming to the label are listed below along with the release dates.
- Diamonds Of Kilimanjaro – 9/11
- Golden Temple Amazons – 9/11
More information regarding these releases and such will be added to this post later, such as cover art and pre-order listings over at Amazon. Stay tuned for updates.
Below, after the break, you’ll find some official statements from the distributor regarding these new labels – taken from the press release.