Tag Archives: MVD Rewind Collection
The 1982 horror film “The House on Sorority Row” will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release on July 6th via MVD Entertainment Group, as part of the MVD Rewind Collection. The film, directed and co-written by Mark Rosman, starred Kathryn McNeil (AKA Kate McNeil) and Eileen Davidson. The tech specs for this Blu-ray release of the film include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Uncompressed LPCM (Linear PCM) 2.0 Stereo sound. There also will be a “second, alternate version of the film with director approved pre-credit sequence with mono audio” according to promotional material.
You can now find the Blu-ray of the MVD Rewind Collection version of the film now available for preorder over at Amazon. The full tech info about this release of the film on Blu-ray and the list of bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- High Definition (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 1.78:1 aspect ratio with LPCM 2.0 stereo sound plus a second, alternate version of the film with director approved pre-credit sequence with mono audio
- Optional English Subtitles on main feature
- Audio Commentary with director Mark Rosman
- Audio commentary with director Mark Rosman and stars Eileen Davidson and Kathryn McNeil
- Interviews with cast and crew including: Director Mark Rosman, stars Harley Jane Kozak, Eileen Davidson and Kathryn McNeil, Composer Richard Band and Producer Igo Kantor
- Original Pre-Credit Sequence
- Alternate ending storyboards
- TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible Artwork
- Collectible Mini-Poster
It’s certainly worth noting that the film has been previously released on the Blu-ray format stateside back in 2014 but has since been OOP (out of print), and it even apparently received a UK Blu-ray release that is also seemingly OOP. So, this new release on Blu-ray will be welcomed by those who never got the chance to own those previously mentioned versions of this cult-classic.
The 1992 film “Split Second“ starring the late Rutger Hauer is officially getting a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray release on August 11th, via MVD Rewind Collection — as spine number 24. The film, directed by Tony Maylam, co-starred Kim Cattrall, Alastair Duncan, Michael J. Pollard, Alun Armstrong, and Pete Postlethwaite. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a newly scanned 4K master from the 35mm internegative, which has been restored and color graded, along with Linear PCM (LPCM) Stereo 2.0 lossless sound. The Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release, along with some details regarding it, can be found listed below.
- NEW! Audio Commentary by action film historian Mike Leeder and filmmaker Arne Venema
- NEW! “Great Big Bloody Guns!” Producer Laura Gregory & Actor Alastair (Neil) Duncan on Split Second (HD, 27:25)
- NEW! “Call Me Mr. Snips!” An Interview with Composer Stephen W. Parsons (HD, 22:21)
- NEW! “Stay In Line!” An Interview with Line Producer Laurie Borg (HD, 23:02)
- NEW! “More Blood!” An Interview with Creature Effects Designer Cliff Wallace (HD, 32:03)
- NEW! “Shoot Everything!” An Interview with Cinematographer Clive Tickner (HD, 18:57)
- Original 1992 Split Second “Making of” featurette that includes interviews with stars Rutger Hauer, Kim Cattrall, Alastair (Neil) Duncan, Michael J. Pollard, Writer Gary Scott Thompson and more! (SD, 6:26)
- Original 1992 behind the scenes featurette with effects creator Stephen Norrington, cast and crew (SD, 3:41)
- Split Second Japanese Cut, full frame with burnt-in Japanese subtitles (SD, 95:00)
- Deleted Scenes from the Japanese Cut (English, burnt-in Japanese subtitles) (SD, 4:42)
- 7 Promotional TV Clips (SD)
- U.S. VHS Home Video Promo (SD, 2:34)
- Theatrical Trailer (SD, 2:15)
Physical bonus material on the release are listed below:
- MVD EXCLUSIVE: Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Dude Designs created exclusively for this release
- Collectible Mini-Poster featuring original VHS style artwork
Below, after the break, you can find the full info regarding this upcoming release.
The 1988 James Bridges directed film “Bright City, Big Lights“ starring Michael J. Fox is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via MVD Entertainment, as part of their MVD Rewind Collection label. The film, based on the novel written by Jay McInerney, co-starred Kiefer Sutherland, Phoebe Cates, and Swoosie Kurtz. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Uncompressed Linear PCM 2.0 Stereo sound. This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary with Author/Screenwriter Jay McInerney
- Commentary with Cinematographer Gordon Willis
- ”Jay McInerney’s The Light Within” featurette
- ”Big City Lights” featurette
- Photo Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer
The 2006 Terry Zwigoff directed film “Art School Confidential” starring Max Minghella is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via MVD, in their “MVD Rewind Collection.” Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video and 5.1 sound, although not yet fully detailed as to what aspect ratio (presumably the original 1.85:1) and sound format. Stay tuned for an update on that, as well as on official cover art (as what is pictured above, is just the DVD art cropped). The film co-stars: Sophia Myles, John Malkovich, Ethan Suplee, Matt Keeslar, Joel David Moore, Angelica Huston, Jim Broadbent, Nick Swardson, Adam Scott, and Scoot McNairy. The Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials, supposedly, said to be included on the release are listed below.
- Making of Art School Confidential
- Deleted Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Sundance Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.