The Last Starfighter Special Edition Blu-ray October
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1984 action/sci-fi film “The Last Starfighter“ will be getting a Special Edition Blu-ray Disc release on October 13th via Arrow Video. The film, directed by Nick Castle, starred Lance Guest, Robert Preston, Kay E. Kuter, Dan O’Herlihy, Catherine Mary Stewart, Barbara Bosson, Norman Snow, and Robert Preston. This release is featuring a restoration from a new 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the original 2.39:1 aspect ratio with a newly added DTS-HD Master Audio 4.1 sound mix, as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, and the original uncompressed LPCM 2.0 Stereo mix. You can now find the Arrow Video Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The details regarding the new 4K scan, audio mix, and bonus materials as well as physical extras (in the first pressing) can be found below.
Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by Arrow Video to experience the 1984 sci-fi classic as you ve never experienced it before! Directed by Nick Castle, the man behind the Michael Myers mask in the original Halloween, The Last Starfighter tells the story Alex Rogan (Lance Guest), an arcade game whizz-kid whose wildest dreams comes true when he finds himself enlisted to fight in an interstellar war.
Now newly restored from a 4K scan of the original negative and featuring a 4.1 mix originally created for the film’s 70mm release never included on previous home video formats The Last Starfighter arrives loaded with brand new and archival bonus features. Strap yourself in: the Blu-ray adventure of a lifetime is about to begin!
- Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Uncompressed 2.0 stereo, 5.1 DTS-HD MA and 4.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with Mike White of The Last Projection Booth podcast
- Archival audio commentary with director Nick Castle and production designer Ron Cobb
- Heroes of the Screen archival featurette
- Crossing the Frontier: The Making of The Last Starfighter archival 4-part documentary
- Image Galleries
- Theatrical and Teaser Trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ferguson
- PLUS MORE NEW EXTRAS TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY physical extras:
- Limited Edition O-Card
- Limited Edition Reversible Poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amanda Reyes and sci-fi author Greg Bear’s never-before-published Omni magazine article on Digital Productions, the company responsible for the CGI in The Last Starfighter