Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2022 film “Uncharted” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on May 10th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, based on the popular PlayStation video game series of the same title, directed by Ruben Fleischer, stars Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg, Antonio Banderas, Sophia Ali, and Tati Gabrielle.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD 2.39:1 aspect ratio video presentation and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and a digital code (copy) included with each.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release available at all retailers (pictured below) which you also can find available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. This will include the physical extra of a necklace with a ring.
Bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Behind the Scenes Featurettes
- Becoming Nathan Drake
- Big Action Breakdown: C-17 Globemaster
- Charting the Course: On Set with Ruben Fleischer
- Never a Dull Moment: Stunts & Action
- The Buddy System
- Villains, Backstabbers & Accomplices
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film, a special features preview video, and the full announcement regarding the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Infinite” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on May 17th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Antoine Fuqua, stars Mark Wahlberg, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sophie Cookson, Dylan O’Brien, Jason Mantzoukas, Rupert Friend, and Toby Jones.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and presumably a lossless 5.1 sound mix. And, the tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect with a presumable lossless 5.1 sound mix. Both versions will include a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included with both versions are listed below.
- They Call Themselves Infinites—Join the cast and crew for a deep dive into the concept of reincarnation, character development, creative direction, and set design.
- The Kinetic Action of Infinite—Get a behind-the-scenes look at the vehicles, stunt drivers, and technology used to achieve the exhilarating action scenes in the film.
- Anatomy of a Scene – Police Station & Forest—An in-depth look with the cast and crew at the creation of two of the film’s major scenes that helped shape the story and pave the way for the climactic ending.
- Infinite Time—Explore the creation of the film’s ground-breaking effects, including a breakdown of the on-set fight action and the stunning visual effects work employed in post-production.
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2007 film “Shooter“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray for the first time, in a Limited Edition SteelBook to celebrate its 15th Anniversary, on March 15th, 2022 via Paramount Home Entertainment, according to Amazon. The film, directed by Antoine Fuqua, starred Mark Wahlberg, Michael Peña, Danny Glover, Kate Mara, and Elias Koteas.
UPDATE: The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound.
The release will come with just the 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc and not a Blu-ray. It will also include a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon. No word yet on what bonus materials will be included. Stay tuned for further details regarding this upcoming release.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2020 animated film “Scoob!” appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on July 21st via Warner, according to multiple retailer listings. The film, based on “Scooby-Doo” and directed by Tony Cervone, features the voice talents of Will Forte, Mark Wahlberg, Jason Isaacs, Gina Rodriguez, Zac Efron, Amanda Seyfried, Kiersey Clemons, Ken Jeong, Tracy Morgan, and Frank Welker (as “Scooby-Doo”).
Tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update when the title gets officially announced by the studio [Warner]. It is known (from art) that the 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get a Blu-ray included and each version, including Blu-ray, will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon as well as retailers Best Buy and Target.
The 2018 comedy “Instant Family“ starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 5th, via Paramount. The film, directed by Sean Anders, co-stars Isabela Moner, Gustavo Quiroz, Julianna Gamiz, Tig Notaro, and Octavia Spencer. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have yet to be fully detailed, but it should be obvious that you can expect full 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound. I’ll be updating this as soon as I learn what the tech specs are. The film on Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. There is a pre-order listing for the Blu-ray now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Introduction by Sean Anders and John Morris
- Gag Reel
- Commentary by director/writer Sean Anders and writer John Morris
- Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It—Behind the scenes with Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne
- Kid Power—Meet the talented young cast
- I Need Some Support—Octavia Spencer and Tig Notaro guide a group of parents through the laughter and tears of foster care
- Order in the Court—Inside one of the film’s most heartfelt moments
- The Families Behind the Fair—Hear from real foster families
- Crew Inspiration—Crew members share their own foster care stories
- The Anders Family—The real-life inspiration for the film
- Isabela Moner “I’ll Stay” – Promotional Music Video
- On Set Proposal—A surprising wedding proposal from one crew member to another
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this release.
The 2018 Peter Berg directed film “Mile 22“ starring Mark Wahlberg is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The Blu-ray will come as a “combo pack” with a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy – where the release date is listed. The film co-stars Lauren Cohan, John Malkovich, Iko Uwais, Carlo Alban, Natasha Goubskaya, and Ronda Rousey.
UPDATE: This title has now officially been announced by the studio. Tech specs for this release will include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Overwatch: Follow the “Overwatch”, the para-military division in Mile 22, and explore the background and inspiration as to why this type of team was chosen for the film.
- Introducing Iko: A spotlight on world-renowned action star Iko Uwais and his experience with combat fighting, stunt work and choreographing his own scenes in the film.
- Iko Fight: Interview with Iko Uwais discussing his intense fight scenes from the practice room to the final shot.
- Bad Ass Women: A behind-the-scenes look with stars Lauren Cohan and Ronda Rousey along with writer Lea Carpenter, discussing stunts, intellectual smarts and the overall tenacity of the film’s female characters.
- BTS Stunts: An in-depth take on the creation of the action-packed stunts of Mile 22 with commentary from Director Peter Berg and the film’s stars.
- Modern Combat: Explore the concept of modern action cinema, where scenes are created and shot in real time with multiple cameras, mesmerizing cinematography and intense action stunts.
- Colombia: Take a tour Bogota, Colombia with the cast and filmmakers discussing key filming location points.
There is no mention or any indication that a 4K UHD Blu-ray version is coming stateside from this bit of news. However, it is worth noting that an Australian retailer (EZYDVD.au) is listing the title on 4K UHD Blu-ray for pre-order with a November release date (a tad bit further off than stateside). This is worth noting, even if a 4K version doesn’t get released stateside, as ALL 4K UHD Blu-ray titles are REGION FREE – meaning they will play anywhere in the world, unlike Blu-ray and DVD (which a region locked). Stay tuned for further details as this title should be getting officially announced soon by the studio. Perhaps soon we will know if or if not a 4K version will be released here in the United States.
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
In an early alert to retailers we get word that Paramount plans to release “Transformers: The Ultimate 5-Movie Collection“ to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th. All five of these films are already available on the 4K format, but are being finally bundled together, a considerable bit more affordable than buying the films individually. Tech specs will be identical to the previous (individual releases) including 4K video with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. No mention of new bonus materials set to be included on the release. In fact, bonus materials will be primarily (aside from commentary tracks) included on the original Blu-ray Disc releases, which will be included in this 10-disc “combo pack” set. A digital copy of each of the five films will be included. This set is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon.