The 2018 comedy “Instant Family“ starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 5th, via Paramount. The film, directed by Sean Anders, co-stars Isabela Moner, Gustavo Quiroz, Julianna Gamiz, Tig Notaro, and Octavia Spencer. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have yet to be fully detailed, but it should be obvious that you can expect full 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound. I’ll be updating this as soon as I learn what the tech specs are. The film on Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. There is a pre-order listing for the Blu-ray now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Introduction by Sean Anders and John Morris
- Gag Reel
- Commentary by director/writer Sean Anders and writer John Morris
- Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It—Behind the scenes with Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne
- Kid Power—Meet the talented young cast
- I Need Some Support—Octavia Spencer and Tig Notaro guide a group of parents through the laughter and tears of foster care
- Order in the Court—Inside one of the film’s most heartfelt moments
- The Families Behind the Fair—Hear from real foster families
- Crew Inspiration—Crew members share their own foster care stories
- The Anders Family—The real-life inspiration for the film
- Isabela Moner “I’ll Stay” – Promotional Music Video
- On Set Proposal—A surprising wedding proposal from one crew member to another
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this release.
The 2018 Peter Berg directed film “Mile 22“ starring Mark Wahlberg is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The Blu-ray will come as a “combo pack” with a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy – where the release date is listed. The film co-stars Lauren Cohan, John Malkovich, Iko Uwais, Carlo Alban, Natasha Goubskaya, and Ronda Rousey.
UPDATE: This title has now officially been announced by the studio. Tech specs for this release will include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Overwatch: Follow the “Overwatch”, the para-military division in Mile 22, and explore the background and inspiration as to why this type of team was chosen for the film.
- Introducing Iko: A spotlight on world-renowned action star Iko Uwais and his experience with combat fighting, stunt work and choreographing his own scenes in the film.
- Iko Fight: Interview with Iko Uwais discussing his intense fight scenes from the practice room to the final shot.
- Bad Ass Women: A behind-the-scenes look with stars Lauren Cohan and Ronda Rousey along with writer Lea Carpenter, discussing stunts, intellectual smarts and the overall tenacity of the film’s female characters.
- BTS Stunts: An in-depth take on the creation of the action-packed stunts of Mile 22 with commentary from Director Peter Berg and the film’s stars.
- Modern Combat: Explore the concept of modern action cinema, where scenes are created and shot in real time with multiple cameras, mesmerizing cinematography and intense action stunts.
- Colombia: Take a tour Bogota, Colombia with the cast and filmmakers discussing key filming location points.
There is no mention or any indication that a 4K UHD Blu-ray version is coming stateside from this bit of news. However, it is worth noting that an Australian retailer (EZYDVD.au) is listing the title on 4K UHD Blu-ray for pre-order with a November release date (a tad bit further off than stateside). This is worth noting, even if a 4K version doesn’t get released stateside, as ALL 4K UHD Blu-ray titles are REGION FREE – meaning they will play anywhere in the world, unlike Blu-ray and DVD (which a region locked). Stay tuned for further details as this title should be getting officially announced soon by the studio. Perhaps soon we will know if or if not a 4K version will be released here in the United States.
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
In an early alert to retailers we get word that Paramount plans to release “Transformers: The Ultimate 5-Movie Collection“ to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th. All five of these films are already available on the 4K format, but are being finally bundled together, a considerable bit more affordable than buying the films individually. Tech specs will be identical to the previous (individual releases) including 4K video with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. No mention of new bonus materials set to be included on the release. In fact, bonus materials will be primarily (aside from commentary tracks) included on the original Blu-ray Disc releases, which will be included in this 10-disc “combo pack” set. A digital copy of each of the five films will be included. This set is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon.