The 1991 film “Terminator 2: Judgment Day“ will officially be getting a 30th-anniversary edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release on November 23rd, via Lionsgate, as a retailer exclusive. More on that in a bit. The film, directed & co-written by James Cameron, starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong, Earl Boen, Joe Morton, and Robert Patrick.
This new 4K release will be using the 2017 restoration of the film, which was supervised by James Cameron. The official news just came yesterday via a post on Twitter which unveiled some more glimpses of the art (by Tracie Ching and Orlando Arocena). The exact tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been fully detailed, but stay tuned for an update. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and include a digital code (copy) of the film as well. As mentioned, and confirmed by the official tweet, this 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook will be an exclusive for retailer Best Buy, and you can now find it available there for preorder. More details on this release as they come in.
Below you can find some further glimpses at the artwork, via the official Terminator 2 Twitter account. For larger images, click here and browse via the tweet.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The TV series “Resident Alien: Season One“ starring Alan Tudyk is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 21st, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment, according to retailer listings. The show, created for TV by Chris Sheridan and seen on the SYFY network, in its first season co-stars Sara Tomko, Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund, Levi Fiehler, Judah Prehn, Meredith Garretson, Elizabeth Bowen, Keith Arbuthnot, Mandell Maughan, Alex Barima, Gary Farmer, Ben Cotton, and Linda Hamilton.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray set for the first season include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. It would appear that no bonus materials will be included with this release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1984 film adaptation of Stephen King‘s “Children of the Corn“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 28th via Arrow Video. The film, directed by Fritz Kiersch and based on the Stephen King novel, starred Peter Horton, Linda Hamilton, R.G. Armstrong, John Franklin, Courtney Gains, Julie Maddalena, Robby Kiger, and Anne Marie McEvoy. The movie has received a brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative. Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and both the original 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 surround lossless sound mixes. The 4K UHD Blu-ray can now be found available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this 4K release are listed below.
- Audio commentary with horror journalist Justin Beahm and Children of the Corn historian John Sullivan
- Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn, retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- It Was the Eighties! an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
- Return to Gatlin, featurette revisiting the film’s original Iowa shooting locations
- Stephen King on a Shoestring, an interview with producer Donald Borchers
- Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn, an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
- Cut from the Cornfield, an interview with the actor who played “The Blue Man” in the fabled excised sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
- Disciples of the Crow, a 1983 short film adaptation of Stephen King’s short story”
– ad – commissions earned –
The 2019 Tim Miller directed sequel “Terminator: Dark Fate” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 28th via Paramount. The film, produced by James Cameron, stars Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna, and Diego Boneta. Tech specs for the 4K release include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include the same aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now both available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive SteelBook 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder.
Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- A Legend Reforged
- World Builders
- Dam Busters: The Final Showdown
- VFX Breakdown: The Dragonfly
ONLY AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL
- Creating a New Threat
- Future Tech
- Previz Sequences
- Factory Fight
- Air Battle to Humvee Falling
- Humvee Dam
- Commentary by director Tim Miller and editor Julian Clarke
- Deleted scenes introduction and commentary by Tim Miller
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.