“Doctor Who” Jon Pertwee Season Four Blu-ray in October
Classic BBC TV series “Doctor Who” in the form of “Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee – Complete Season Four“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc (in a 6-disc set) on October 15th via BBC Studios, according to an early alert to retailers. The release (technically season 10 of the show) includes all 26 episodes from the season that ran from 1972 through 1973. It’s said that all of the episodes have been newly remastered from the best available sources. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned. The Blu-ray Disc set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet.
- Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks.
- Five new installments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panel Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer) and Joy Wilkinson (Writer).
- Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
- Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
- Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
- The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).