2019 BBC produced TV miniseries “Good Omens“ starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via BBC Studios, according to retail listings. As seen on Amazon Prime Video, the miniseries is based on the book written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. This critically-acclaimed miniseries features a supporting cast of Adria Arjona, Jack Whitehall, Michael McKean, Jon Hamm, Sam Taylor Buck, and the voice of Frances McDormand. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a later update on that. You can already find the Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon. Lastly, despite the fact it is available in 4K (on Amazon Prime Video) it seems doubtful that you’ll see this get a 4K UHD Blu-ray release.
British TV series “Doctor Who” will get a “Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection“ Blu-ray Disc set on September 17th via BBC Studios, according to retailers. The 12-disc set will include the series episodes and seasons starring David Tennant as the “Tenth Doctor“ – which span from the years 2005 through 2010. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned. I’ll try to reach out soon to my contact at BBC to acquire further info about this upcoming release. In the meantime, you can now find the Blu-ray set available for pre-order over at Amazon.
The BBC America TV series “Killing Eve: Season Two“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 18th via BBC Studios. The show, created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, stars Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer, Fiona Shaw, Kim Bodnia, and Owen McDonnell. Tech specs for the release have not yet officially been detailed but you likely can expect 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound – just as with the first season. You can find the Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon. The 2-disc set will include the following bonus materials.
- Killing Eve characters Eve, Villanelle, and Carolyn
- The closet of Killing Eve’s costume designer
- Filming on location
- Bringing the script to the screen
- New characters
Further below, after the break, you can find the entire officially announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
Classic BBC TV series “Doctor Who” in the form of “Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee – Complete Season Four“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc (in a 6-disc set) on October 15th via BBC Studios, according to an early alert to retailers. The release (technically season 10 of the show) includes all 26 episodes from the season that ran from 1972 through 1973. It’s said that all of the episodes have been newly remastered from the best available sources. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned. The Blu-ray Disc set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet.
- Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks.
- Five new installments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panel Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer) and Joy Wilkinson (Writer).
- Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
- Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
- Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
- The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).
The BBC series “Doctor Who” will be getting a “Doctor Who: Tom Baker Complete Season Seven“ Blu-ray Disc release on March 19th, via BBC. This season of the show marked Baker‘s final year as the fourth incarnation of the Doctor. A total of 29 episodes are included and have been each restored in HD. The tech specs have not yet been detailed. The Blu-ray set is available for pre-order over Amazon. Bonus materials have not yet been fully detailed but it is mentioned over on Amazon that it:
“comes with in-depth special features, both old and new.”
Stay tuned for any further updates regarding this release. It’s worth noting that the first season of Tom Baker era was released last year on Blu-ray. No word yet when to expect those other seasons.
British TV series “Doctor Who: The Complete Eleventh Series“ starring Jodie Whittaker is coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 29th, 2019 via BBC, according to an early alert to retailers. More info on this 11th series of the show can be found on Wikipedia. No tech specs or info yet regarding bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray release have been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. The Blu-ray is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
“Doctor Who: Peter Davison – Complete Season One“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via BBC, according to an early to retailers. Peter Davison was the “Fourth Doctor” (1982-1984) in the extremely popular “Doctor Who” TV series from Britain. The release will come in the form of a 8-disc set, featuring all 26 episodes remastered in HD. Tech specs have not yet been fully detailed, but the bonus materials indicate some surround sound (5.1) mixes for select episodes. The title now is available for PRE-ORDER on Blu-ray over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
Brand new special features include:
- Five new Making-Of documentaries for Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Black Orchid, Earthshock and Time-Flight
- Surround sound mixes for Kinda and Earthshock
- An Extended Version of Black Orchid Part One
- Rare studio footage from Castrovalva, Four To Doomsday, Earthshock and Time-Flight
- Updated special effects for Castrovalva
- Seven more editions of Behind The Sofa
- A newly-shot one-hour interview Peter Davison In Conversation with Matthew Sweet
- …and much more
In an early alert to retailers BBC Studios has made it apparent they plan to bring the popular series “Sherlock: Season One” to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th. The British show, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, premiered on the BBC back in 2010, and has run off-and-on for a total of four seasons (so far). With that being said, hopefully we’ll see more seasons of this show come to 4K next year. No tech specs yet, details on bonus materials or such, but stay tuned for an update, once BBC decides to officially announce the title. In the meantime, the PRE-ORDER is available over at Amazon now.