Tag Archives: BBC Studios
Amazon Commissions Earned
2019 BBC produced TV miniseries “Good Omens“ starring David Tennant and Michael Sheen is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via BBC Studios, according to retail listings. As seen on Amazon Prime Video, the miniseries is based on the book written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. This critically-acclaimed miniseries features a supporting cast of Adria Arjona, Jack Whitehall, Michael McKean, Jon Hamm, Sam Taylor Buck, and the voice of Frances McDormand. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a later update on that. You can already find the Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon. Lastly, despite the fact it is available in 4K (on Amazon Prime Video) it seems doubtful that you’ll see this get a 4K UHD Blu-ray release.
British TV series “Doctor Who” will get a “Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection“ Blu-ray Disc set on September 17th via BBC Studios, according to retailers. The 12-disc set will include the series episodes and seasons starring David Tennant as the “Tenth Doctor“ – which span from the years 2005 through 2010. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned. I’ll try to reach out soon to my contact at BBC to acquire further info about this upcoming release. In the meantime, you can now find the Blu-ray set available for pre-order over at Amazon.
The BBC America TV series “Killing Eve: Season Two“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 18th via BBC Studios. The show, created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, stars Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer, Fiona Shaw, Kim Bodnia, and Owen McDonnell. Tech specs for the release have not yet officially been detailed but you likely can expect 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound – just as with the first season. You can find the Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon. The 2-disc set will include the following bonus materials.
- Killing Eve characters Eve, Villanelle, and Carolyn
- The closet of Killing Eve’s costume designer
- Filming on location
- Bringing the script to the screen
- New characters
Further below, after the break, you can find the entire officially announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
Classic BBC TV series “Doctor Who” in the form of “Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee – Complete Season Four“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc (in a 6-disc set) on October 15th via BBC Studios, according to an early alert to retailers. The release (technically season 10 of the show) includes all 26 episodes from the season that ran from 1972 through 1973. It’s said that all of the episodes have been newly remastered from the best available sources. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned. The Blu-ray Disc set is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet.
- Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks.
- Five new installments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panel Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer) and Joy Wilkinson (Writer).
- Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
- Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
- Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
- The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).