Yesterday at this year’s NYCC (New York Comic-Con) they announced that the animated TV series “Castlevania Season One“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via VIZ Media (distributed by Warner). The show can be seen on Netflix and has been renewed for a second season. There are several tweets floating around that show the cover art for the set. The tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, nor fully have the bonus materials, so stay tuned for a full update on that. It is said that the release will include bonus materials such as storyboards and an art gallery. The title is now available for PRE-ORDER on Blu-ray over at Amazon.
The 1978 Richard Donner directed film “Superman: The Movie“ starring Christopher Reeve is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th via Warner. The film co-starred Margot Kidder, Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty, Jackie Cooper, and Marlon Brando. Tech specs for the release include 2160p 4K video in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. It is said that this comes from a new 4K MASTER from the original film print.
It is also available to PRE-ORDER directly from Warner at their WBShop. This title had been rumored for months and it’s great to see it finally getting officially announced and a release date. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Pierre Spengler and Ilya Salkind (on both 4K and Blu-ray)
- The Making of Superman: The Movie 1978 TV Special
- Superman and the Mole-Men
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
The 2017 animated DC Universe Movie “Justice League: Dark“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 9th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Jay Oliva, featured the voice talents of Rosario Dawson, Jerry O’Connell, Camilla Luddington, Nicholas Turturro, Jeremy Davies, Alfred Molina, Jason O’Mara, Matt Ryan, Enrico Colantoni, Roger Cross, and Ray Chase. Tech specs for the release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc included, as well as a digital copy. You can already find this for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “The Story of Swamp Thing“
- “Did You Know? Constantine Origin”
- “Did You Know? Color of Magic”
- “Did You Know? Black Orchid“
- “Did You Know? Dead Man Casting”
- 2016 NY Comic-Con Panel
- A Sneak Peek at DC Universe Animated Movie “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract”
- From the DC Comics Vault – 2 Cartoons
- … And More!
The 2007 Michael Dougherty written & directed film “Trick ‘r Treat“ in “Collector’s Edition” form slated for an October 9th Blu-ray Disc release from Scream Factory has now been fully detailed. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. There is a already a PRE-ORDER listing available over at Amazon for this release. Bonus materials set to be included (now fully detailed) are listed below.
- NEW 2K Scan of the original film elements supervised and approved by director Michael Dougherty
- NEW Tales of Folklore & Fright: Creating Trick ‘r Treat – including interviews with writer/director Michael Dougherty, conceptual artist Breehn Burns, and storyboard artist Simeon Wilkins.
- NEW Tales of Mischief & Mayhem: Filming Trick ‘r Treat – in-depth interview with Michael Dougherty on the making of the film
- NEW Sounds of Shock & Superstition: Scoring Trick ‘r Treat – including interviews with Michael Dougherty and composer Douglas Pipes
- NEW Tales of Dread and Despair: Releasing Trick ‘r Treat – a look at the release and fandom with Michael Dougherty and writer Rob Galluzzo
- Season’s Greetings – NEW 2K scan of the original 16mm elements – a short film by Michael Dougherty with optional commentary by Dougherty
- NEW Storyboard and Conceptual Artwork Gallery
- NEW Behind the Scenes Still Gallery
- NEW Monster Mash – a story from the TRICK ‘R TREAT graphic novel
- NEW FEARnet.com Shorts
- Audio Commentary with director Michael Dougherty
- Trick ‘R Treat: The Lore and Legends of Halloween featurette
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional commentary by director Michael Dougherty
- School Bus FX Comparison
- Theatrical Trailer
The full announcement for this release can be found below, after the break.
Today Warner officially announced that the upcoming (previously announced) release of “Batman: The Complete Animated Series“ Deluxe Limited Edition on Blu-ray Disc has been pushed back two weeks, now slated to come out on October 30th. The original details on the release were reported but I’m going to go back over them as some things have changed and a new press release has been issued. It’s also not just the release date changing for this release either, as another change comes in that a Digital Copy of the entire series has now been added to the release.
Also today the studio (Warner) released a promotional video showing the restored footage of the opening title sequence from the show, that you can find further below (or directly on YouTube).
The series is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now with a reduced price from its suggested retail. The “deluxe limited edition” packaging here includes three collectible Funko Pop! figurines of “Batman”, “Harley Quinn”, and “The Joker” (as pictured). Also included are seven lenticular art cards, and the 12-disc set is “housed in a stunning layflat-book with a dazzling slipcase” – according to the studio.
Tech specs for the release have still not been fully detailed but I have reached out to get those. You can find the new video of the restored opening titles, info regarding the contents, and bonus materials set to be included on the box set further below, after the break, in the form of the official announcement from today.
The 2014 DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Assault on Arkham“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on September 11th via Warner. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K version is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray (with nothing new), and are listed below.
- Audio Commentary
- The Joker’s Queen: Harley Quinn
- Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Sneak Peek
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Justice League Unlimited, “Task Force X”
- Young Justice, “Infiltrator”
- Batman: The Brave the Bold, “Emperor Joker”
- The Batman, “Two of a Kind”
It’s also worth noting to fans that another DC Universe animated movie, “Batman: The Killing Joke“, will be released the same day. Finally, below after the break you can find the original trailer for the film.