Warner Brothers has officially announced plans to bring the 2018 Brad Peyton directed film “Rampage” (based on the video game of the same title) starring Dwayne Johnson to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on July 17th. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 2160p 4K in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR options of Dolby Vision and HDR10, as well as includes both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound mixes. The Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases include full 1080p in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 MA sound as well. All versions will include a digital copy of the film.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release(s) are listed below:
- Not A Game Anymore – From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.
- Gag Reel – Hilarious outtakes and mishaps captured during production.
- Deleted Scenes – Deleted scenes that barely missed the final theatrical cut.
- Rampage – Actors in Action: Strap in for a wild ride as Dwayne Johnson, Joe Manganiello and the cast prepare for the film’s demanding stunts and explosive set pieces.
- Trio of Destruction – Follow the innovative design team and the artists at Weta Digital as they bring to life the biggest and baddest monsters for the film’s climactic battle royal.
- Attack on Chicago – Director Brad Peyton reveals the challenges of filming on-location in Chicago and turning digital destruction into a cinematic reality.
- Bringing George to Life – Discover the wonder of what it’s like to be a gorilla, as movement coordinator Terry Notary teaches actor Jason Liles how to move, behave and become “George.”
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.
The 2018 Steven Spielberg directed film “Ready Player One” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D on July 24 from Warner Home Video.
Best Buy is offering SteelBook versions of both the 4K UHD and Blu-ray – as pictured above. They’re available for pre-order now as well as standard versions there and on Amazon – the 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray will include full 2160p in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR (HDR10) and Dolby Vision video with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The Blu-ray Disc will include identical tech specs, just is in a 1080p resolution.
Bonus materials, on both releases, total over 90 minutes in six featurettes:
- Game Changer: Cracking the Code
- Effects for a Brave New World
- Level Up: Sound for the Future
- High Score: Endgame
- Ernie & Tye’s Excellent Adventure
- The ’80’s: You’re the Inspiration
A Digital Copy of the film is included as well as “Easter Eggs” according to the back cover art (pictured below).