The 2014 DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Assault on Arkham“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on September 11th via Warner. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K version is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray (with nothing new), and are listed below.
- Audio Commentary
- The Joker’s Queen: Harley Quinn
- Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Sneak Peek
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Justice League Unlimited, “Task Force X”
- Young Justice, “Infiltrator”
- Batman: The Brave the Bold, “Emperor Joker”
- The Batman, “Two of a Kind”
It’s also worth noting to fans that another DC Universe animated movie, “Batman: The Killing Joke“, will be released the same day. Finally, below after the break you can find the original trailer for the film.
The 2015 DC Universe animated film “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is going to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray (for the first time) and will also re-released on Blu-ray Disc in a “Commemorative Edition” on November 13th by Warner.
Tech specs for the 4K release will include full 2160p with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range, while audio format and configuration have yet to be detailed. Tech specs for the Blu-ray re-release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio, again with audio format and configuration yet to be detailed. If it’s any indication, the previous Blu-ray (released back in 2015) included DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The new “Commemorative Edition” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on this new “Commemorative Edition” include an all-new featurette, an all-new audio commentary, and gets all the original bonus from the previous Blu-ray (ported over), which are listed below.
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for this new “Commemorative Edition” re-release on 4K and Blu-ray, as well as the official announcement.
The 1984 film adaptation of DC Comics‘ “Supergirl” starring Helen Slater and Faye Dunaway is coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 24th, in a limited release via the Warner Archive Collection. You already can PRE-ORDER the title either over at Amazon or directly from Warner. This release obviously comes from Warner Brothers. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but you can for sure expect full 1080p HD video, no clue if it will be presented in the original theatrical 2.35:1 aspect ratio or not, and also no clue yet what sound format it will be presented in. Stay tuned for a possible update.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release, are listed below.
- Brand New Remastered Version of International Theatrical Cut (124 min.)
- Extended Cut (“Director’s Cut“) of the film in standard definition only, on DVD
- The Making of Supergirl – vintage documentary
- Audio Commentary by Director Jeannot Szwarc and Special Project Consultant Michael Bosco
- Original Theatrical Trailer
TV show “Supergirl: The Complete Third Season” is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 18th via Warner Brothers Home Entertainment. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, spanning across a 4-disc set. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. The release will include a Digital Copy of all 23 episodes from the season. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are detailed below.
- The Best of DC TV’s Comic-Con Panels San Diego 2017
- Inside the Crossover: Crisis on Earth-X
- She Will Reign! featurette
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
Warner Brother Home Entertainment has officially announced plans to bring the 1968 Stanley Kubrick directed Sci-Fi classic “2001: A Space Odyssey” in a new restoration to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 18th. The release received a restoration, as mentioned, but not a lot of detail yet on the exact process. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.20:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. Yes, no Atmos on this release, sadly. The title is available for PRE-ORDER already over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this “combo pack” release, including a remastered Blu-ray Disc of the film, are listed below.
- Audio with Commentary from Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood (on 4K & Blu-ray)
- “Channel Four Documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth“
- “Standing on the Shoulder’s of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001“
- “Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001“
- “What Is Out There?”
- “2001: FX and Early Conceptual Art”
- “Look: Stanley Kubrick!”
- 11/27/66 Interview with Stanley Kubrick [Audio Only]
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Premium Booklet
- Art Cards
This is going to be something wonderful. I, personally, cannot wait!