The 2020 Disney / Pixar film “Onward” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on May 19th, via Disney, according to retailers. The film, directed by Dan Scanlon, features the voice talents of Tom Holland, Chris Pratt, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Kyle Bornheimer, Mel Rodriguez, Lena Waithe, Ali Wong, Octavia Spencer, Tracey Ullman, Wilmer Valderrama, and George Psarras. The tech specs and bonus materials for the 4K and Blu-ray haven’t been officially announced yet, but, judging from the Disney+ and digital versions of the film, you can expect it to receive HDR10 on the 4K release and Dolby Atmos sound. It’s likely the Blu-ray will only get a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 mix, instead of Atmos sound, but we’ll see. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will come in the form of “combo pack” meaning that they’ll include their Blu-ray / DVD counterparts (accordingly) and each receives a digital code (copy) of the film. Stay tuned for updates on the official tech specs, bonus materials, and as to when these titles get listed over at Amazon. You can, however, now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at retailers Best Buy and Target. Also worth mentioning is the fact that each one of those retailers will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film. Best Buy will be getting a 4K SteelBook (pictured below) and Target will be getting a Limited Edition Gallery Book on 4K (also pictured below).
Tag Archives: Tom Holland
The 2019 Director’s Cut of “The Current War“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 31st, via Universal, according to retail sources. The film, directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon and executive produced by Martin Scorsese, featured a cast including Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult, Matthew Macfadyen, Tuppence Middleton, and Tom Holland. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound on a BD-50 (50 gigabytes dual-layered) disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Feature Commentary with Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon
The 2020 film “Dolittle” starring Robert Downey, Jr. is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 7th, via Universal. The film, based on the story of “Dr. Dolittle” & directed by Stephen Gaghan, co-starred/featured the voice talents of Antonio Banderas, Michael Sheen, Jim Broadbent, Emma Thompson, Rami Malek, John Cena, Kumail Nanjiani, Octavia Spencer, Tom Holland, Craig Robinson, Ralph Fiennes, Selena Gomez, and Marion Cotillard. The tech specs for the 4K include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Talk to the Animals
- RDJ & Harry: Mentor and Mentee
- Becoming the Good Doctor
- Antonio Banderas: Pirate King
- The Wicked Dr. Medfly
- A Most Unusual House
The 2019 computer-animated film “Spies in Disguise” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 10th, via Fox. The film, co-directed by Nick Bruno & Troy Quane, featured the voice talents Will Smith, Tom Holland, Reba McEntire, Rashida Jones, Masi Oka, Ben Mendelsohn, Karen Gillan, and DJ Khaled. At the time of writing, this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K include video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon, but the Blu-ray Disc is not yet listed, so stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Super Secret Spy Mode
- Infiltrating Blue Sky Studios
- The Top Secret Guide to Gadgets
- “Then There Were Two” Music Video
- “Freak of Nature” Music Video
- Making the Soundtrack “Then There Were Two”
- Making the Soundtrack “Freak of Nature”
- “Lunch Break”*
- Color Keys and Moment Paintings
- Character Designs
- Props and Gadgets Concept Art
*Available on Digital Only
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2018 sequel “Spider-Man: Far From Home” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Sony. The film which is part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” from Marvel Studios was directed by Jon Watts. The cast to this film included Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Marisa Tomei, Jon Favreau, Zendaya, and Jacob Batalon. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range along with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and presumably just a 5.1 or 7.1 DTS-HD MA lossless mix – although not specified by the studio in the press release. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions are now both available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook (pictured below) which is available to pre-order.
Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each version. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of the film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
The two Marvel Studios sequels “Captain America: The Winter Soldier“ and “Captain America: Civil War“ are both coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on April 23rd, via Disney – according to an early alert to retailers. The titles had been said to be coming but we now finally get them both listed with release date and pre-order listings for each over at Best Buy.
UPDATE: The two titles on 4K are both now listed for pre-order over at Amazon – HERE and HERE. Those listings even include glimpses at the back of the packaging where we get the tech specs. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will be presented in the 2.40:1 aspect (as originally on Blu-ray), while “Captain America: Civil War” will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio (unlike the original Blu-ray). Both films will receive HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The bonus materials set to be included for each film can be found on the original Blu-ray releases. No new extras will be included on the 4K discs.
Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc included along with a digital copy of the film.
There will also be Steelbook releases for both of the films on 4K which will be Best Buy exclusives. You can’t pre-order those yet but they have placeholder pages HERE and HERE. The artwork for the Steelbooks is pictured below.