The 2019 version of “Child’s Play” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 24th via Fox. The film, directed by Lars Klevberg, features a cast of Aubrey Plaza, Brian Tyree Henry, Tim Matheson, Gabriel Bateman, and the voice of Mark Hamill (as “Chucky”). Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. There’s not a pre-order listing yet over at Amazon for this on Blu-ray, however, it is available for pre-order over at retailer Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update on the Amazon pre-order. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- The Making of Child’s Play
- Bringing Child’s Play’s Chucky to Life
- Soundtrack Trailer
- Lee Hardcastle Claymations:
- Toy Massacre
- A.I. Mayhem
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray release of this film.
The classic 1964 animated TV series “Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series“ is coming at some point in June to Blu-ray Disc via (and according to) Warner Archive Collection. They [Warner Archive] posted a tease to it yesterday to social media [Facebook] with some details, but no exact release date. UPDATE: The release date is June 11th. The show, a Hanna-Barbera production created by Doug Wildey, featured a voice cast of Tim Matheson (Johnny Quest), Mike Road (Roger T. ‘Race’ Bannon), Danny Bravo (Hadji), and Don Messick (Bandit). Johnny Quest as a show ran for a total of 26 episodes spanning across 1964 through 1965. All 26 of those episodes will be presented uncut, uncensored, and remastered! So, since there’s no exact release date but a tad bit of info regarding the release let’s start off with tech specs. It will be presented in 1080p HD video (from new masters) in the original 1.33:1 (4×3) aspect ratio with a (lossless) DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo sound mix. The set will span across three BD-50 Blu-ray Discs and it will also include the following bonus materials.
- Jonny Quest: Adventures in Animation – featurette on animators
- Double Danger: Special version of this episode with Quest Files – fun, facts and trivia
- Jonny Quest Video Handbook
- Vintage P.F. Flyers Sneaker Commercial
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order listing, with the June 11th release date, both over at Amazon and directly at WBShop for the Blu-ray set. No sign yet of a pre-order listing on Amazon, though. So, stay tuned for an update on that. Further below, after the break, you can find a quote of what Warner Archive stated fully regarding the release as well as an unboxing video they posted on YouTube yesterday.
The 2002 film “National Lampoon’s Van Wilder” starring Ryan Reynolds is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 14th via Lionsgate, in an UNRATED version. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in both HDR (HDR10) and Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range options, with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, alternatively it is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are housed on the Blu-ray Disc included, which are listed below.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- “Party Legends, Pledges, and ‘Bull’-ies” Featurette
- Drunken Idiot “Kommentary”
- “Ultimate College Party Guide” Featurette
- “Gwen-ezuma’s Revenge” Featurette
- “Testicles of the Animal Kingdom” Interactive Quizzicle
- “Write That Down” Quotes from and Inspired by the Film
- Sugarcult “Bouncing Off the Walls” Music Video
- Deleted Scenes
- Burly TV Specials, “Half Baked,” “Imposter,” “Movie Junky”
- Comedy Central’s “Reel Comedy: National Lampoon’s Van Wilder”
- Van Wilder Blu-Book Exam: Exclusive Blu-ray Interactive Game