Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 live-action film adaptation of the popular theme park ride “Jungle Cruise” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th via Disney. The film, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, Veronica Falcón, and Paul Giamatti.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray version will get its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Target. They also are listed over at retailer Best Buy but are not yet functional. Speaking of retailers, both will be getting exclusives for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release. Target will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Art Edition packaging (pictured below) and it is now available for preorder.
Meanwhile, retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now listed but not yet available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the chance that this film gets listed on Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video releases of this film — from last month. If you’re wondering why I’m just now reporting this, it’s because there are finally more details, actual artwork, and of course, there are the retailer exclusives and preorder links or listings now up.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2009 film “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 20th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The sequel to the 2009 film, based on the popular Hasbro action figure franchise, directed by Jon M. Chu, featured a cast of Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, Ray Park, Elodie Yung, Ray Stevenson, D.J. Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Lee Byung-Hun, Luke Bracey, Jonathan Pryce, Walton Goggins, RZA, Joseph Mazzello, and Arnold Vosloo.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby TrueHD 7.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with its Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this release will be an audio commentary, found on both the 4K and Blu-ray disc, and extras only on the Blu-ray listed below.
- Commentary by director Jon M. Chu and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura
- G.I. JOE: Declassified
- Mission Briefing
- Two Ninjas
- The Desert Attack
- COBRA Strikes
- The Lone Soldiers
- The Monastery
- Fort Sumter
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this film and the first film from 2009 (“G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”) coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray format, in an obvious promotion for the upcoming release of “Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins” in July.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2006 Richard Kelly film “Southland Tales” will be officially getting a Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray release from Arrow Video on January 26th, 2021. The film, previously released on the format back in 2008, will now feature a new 2K video restoration that was “approved by director Richard Kelly and director of photography Steven Poster.” Tech specs for the Limited Edition Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio with the original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 Stereo sound mixes. This release will include both the film’s 145-minute Theatrical cut and also the 160-minute “Cannes” cut — as shown at the Cannes Film Festival. The film’s cast included Dwayne Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seann William Scott, Justin Timberlake, John Larroquette, Jon Lovitz, Wood Harris, Christopher Lambert, Amy Poehler, Cheri Oteri, Will Sasso, Wallace Shawn, Mandy Moore, Beth Grant, Zelda Rubinstein, and Kevin Smith.
UPDATE: The Limited Edition Blu-ray is now available to preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials, some physical, for the 2-Disc Limited Edition Blu-ray release are as follows.
- Audio commentary on the theatrical cut by Richard Kelly
- It’s a Madcap World: The Making of an Unfinished Film, a new in-depth retrospective documentary on the film, featuring contributions by Richard Kelly and members of the original crew
- USIDent TV: Surveilling the Southland, an archival featurette on the making of the film, featuring interviews with the cast and crew
- This is the Way the World Ends, an archival animated short set in the Southland Tales universe
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacey
- Limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Peter Tonguette and Simon Ward
“Skyscraper” starring Dwayne Johnson is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray 3D on October 9th via Universal. This news comes via an early alert to retailers. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. The release will come in the form of “combo pack” for all three versions, with the 4K including a Blu-ray, Blu-ray including a DVD, Blu-ray 3D including a standard Blu-ray, and all including a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D are all available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Extended Scenes with Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
- Dwayne Johnson: Embodying a Hero
- Opposing Forces
- Friends No More
- Kids in Action
- Pineapple Pitch
- Feature Commentary by Director Rawson Marshall Thurber
“Skyscraper” will also get an Exclusive Steelbook on 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Best Buy (pictured below) which is now available for PRE-ORDER.