Tag Archives: Star Trek
Amazon Commissions Earned
The TV show “Star Trek: Enterprise – The Complete Series“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc as a box set on September 21st via CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. There’s no official release announcement yet, but stay tuned for a possible update on that. The show starred Scott Bakula, John Billingsley, Jolene Blalock, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Park, and Connor Trinneer.
Tech specs should, judging from previous releases, include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound for each season, spanning across a 24-disc set. You can find the Blu-ray set now available for preorder over at Amazon. There’s no official word yet on what all bonus materials you can expect, but I’d say you can expect all of the previous extras ported over or just repackaged. Stay tuned, again, for more details about this release as I get them. NOTE: All four seasons of the show have previously been individually released on the Blu-ray Disc format, so this set is technically a re-release.
A “Star Trek: The Original 4-Movie Collection“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 7th via Paramount Home Entertainment and CBS Home Entertainment. The 4K set will include the first four films in the original “Star Trek” film franchise remastered in 4K. Those of course are “Star Trek: The Motion Picture” (1979), “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” (1982), “Star Trek III: The Search for Spock” (1984), and “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” (1986). It should certainly be noted that the second film (“The Wrath of Khan”) will come with both the theatrical cut and the director’s cut.
Tech specs for each film on 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. It is known that this set will be spanning across an 8-disc set and that it will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with each film’s Blu-ray Disc counterpart (pictured below) as well as a digital copy of each. UPDATE #1: Audio will be presented in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 lossless surround sound for each film, and the first film will get a Dolby 2.0 isolated score sound mix.
These four films all starred a primary cast (crew) of William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Walter Koenig, and Nichelle Nichols. The films were directed by Robert Wise, Nicholas Meyer, and Leonard Nimoy. Nimoy actually directed the last two.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon. UPDATE #2: Also, individually released remastered versions of each of the four films on Blu-ray Disc will be released on the same date, September 21st. I’ve included each of the four of those below, before the official announcement, after the break. You can now find “Star Trek: The Motion Picture” remastered, “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” (Director’s Cut) remastered, “Star Trek III: The Search for Spock” remastered, and “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” remastered on Blu-ray Disc individually available for preorder over at Amazon. [NOTE: Amazon Commissions Earned]. Each release will include bonus materials and a digital copy of the film.
And, again, because this set is covering four films the bonus materials run rather lengthy and include lots of previously released extras. So, you can find all that listed below in the official announcement from StarTrek’s website as well as directly via Paramount.
Amazon Commissions Earned
According to StarTrek.com, The Paramount+ original TV series “Star Trek: Discovery (Season Three)” is officially coming to the Blu-ray Disc format on July 20th via CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. There will be both a standard Blu-ray and a Blu-ray SteelBook release of the third season (pictured above). You can find both versions on Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon. The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The bonus materials set to be included with the Blu-ray release(s) are listed below.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 3 – Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props.
- STUNTED – Featuring interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher Maguire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable and executed to perfection.
- BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM (Exclusive) – Sonequa Martin Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.
- KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO – Traditionally the man behind the mask in Discovery, Kenneth Mitchell is unveiled as Aurellio in the third season. Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth’s wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery and what those roles mean to the show.
- BRIDGE BUILDING – Fans have been intrigued by Starship Discovery’s Bridge Crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.
- WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE (Exclusive) – Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
You can visit the news story over at StarTrek.com for an exclusive video trailer for the release. Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming Blu-ray release of the third season of the show.
The 2020 animated TV series “Star Trek: Lower Decks – Season 1” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 18th via Paramount and CBS. The news comes confirmed via the official StarTrek.com website as of yesterday. The show, created by Mike McMahan, features the voice talents of Tawny Newsome, Jack Quaid, Noël Wells, Dawnn Lewis, and Jerry O’Connell. The Blu-ray release will include all 10 episodes of the first season of the show, presented in 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound — as quoted below.
“The Star Trek: Lower Decks: Season One Blu-ray, DVD and Steelbook are presented in (16×9) format with English SDH subtitles and offer English 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.”
You can now find the standard Blu-ray is available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a limited edition Blu-ray SteelBook release of the first season available, pictured below, which is also available for preorder over at Amazon.
Below you can find a list of the bonus materials set to be included on this Blu-ray release.
- CRISIS POINT: THE RISE OF VINDICTA TRAILER (Exclusive) – An exclusive, over-the-top action trailer based on the in-episode movie from “Crisis Point.”
- FACES OF THE FLEET – A deep dive into the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos, alongside producers, writers and the cast of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Highlighting character backstories and the behind-the-scenes development of their hilarious on-screen personalities, this exclusive featurette takes a look at Ensigns Beckett Mariner, Ensign Brad Boimler, Ensign Samanthan Rutherford, Ensign D’Vana Tendi and more.
- HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT (Exclusive) – An inside look at canon and hidden Easter eggs throughout the series, including freeze frame images and insightful commentary from producers, creatives and cast.
- LOWER DECKTIONARY:
- JOINING STARFLEET (Episode 101) (Exclusive) – Producers and crew discuss the development of season one from storyline to visual artistry.
- ALIENS AMONG US (Episode 102) (Exclusive) – Dives into the different aliens Ensigns Brad Boimler and Beckett Mariner encounter as they escort K’orin to the Tulgana 4 planet.
- THE ANIMATION PROCESS (Episode 103) (Exclusive) – A look at the efficiency and creativity needed to put together an episode of Lower Decks in this other-worldly look at the animation process.
- THE MAIN TITLES (Episode 104) (Exclusive) – Immersed in the creation of the episode’s title sequence, the featurette explores the graphic design and thematic music developed for Lower Decks.
- ART DESIGN (Episode 105) (Exclusive) – A look at characters’ style and the sets that elevate the animated on-screen adventures of the U.S.S. Cerritos. .
- THE HOLODECK (Episode 106) (Exclusive) – Including interviews with cast and creatives, the featurette highlights what Holodeck experience they would like, how characters use it, and how it’s not only used for skills training, but sanity.
- DIVISION 14 (Episode 107) (Exclusive) – Not everything goes right for Starfleet – catch up with Division 14 who is tasked with dealing with all the unexpected mishaps.
- DECK DYNAMICS (Episode 108) (Exclusive) – A dive into the upper and lower deck dynamics, and how their comedic interactions contribute to the storyline throughout season one.
- THE MUSIC OF LOWER DECKS (Episode 109) (Exclusive) – Star Trek music is iconic. Explore how traditional themes have been integrated into Lower Decks and the episode’s in-story movie in this deep dive into the differences of scoring for animation versus live action, and comedy versus drama.
- ALL IN THE FAMILY (Episode 110) – As the debut comes to a close, fans can take a look at evolution of the crew and their relationships over the last year, and how Lower Decks fits into the Star Trek family as a few legacy characters appear.
- FULL LENGTH ANIMATIC (Exclusive)
- DELETED AND EXTENDED ANIMATICS (Exclusive)
The TV series “Star Trek: Picard – Season One“ will be making its debut to Blu-ray Disc in SteelBook packaging on October 6th, via CBS and Paramount, according to retailers. The show, which premiered this year exclusively on the CBS All Access paid streaming platform, continues on the story with [the former captain] “Jean-Luc Picard” from the previous “Star Trek: The Next Generation” TV series. The cast for the first season of Star Trek: Picard includes Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, Harry Treadaway, Evan Evagora, Peyton List, and maybe a few other familiar faces.
Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but I’ll reach out to both CBS and Paramount individually later today — if a press release isn’t issued beforehand. In the meantime, you can find the Blu-ray SteelBook of the first season is now available for preorder over Amazon and retailer Best Buy. Stay tuned for further details about this upcoming release. Lastly, you can find a nice glimpse at the interior of the steelbook and its artwork below.