Amazon Commissions Earned
The “Sony Pictures Classics 30th Anniversary 4K Ultra HD Collection” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 22nd via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This limited edition box set includes a total of eleven Sony Pictures Classics films, listed below (in chronological order):
- “Orlando” (1992)
- “The Celluloid Closet” (1995)
- “The City of Lost Children” (1995)
- “SLC Punk!” (1998)
- “Run Lola Run” (1998)
- “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” (2000)
- “The Devil’s Backbone” (2001)
- “Volver” (2006)
- “Synecdoche, New York” (2008)
- “Still Alice” (2014)
- “Call Me by Your Name” (2017)
The tech specs for the films include 2160p video presentations with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. The films vary in their Audio configurations but start with DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo and then go to DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround as well as on “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” not only do you get 5.1 but also a new Dolby Atmos sound mix — as well as Dolby Vision for the first time. NOTE: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon had previously been released on 4K UHD Blu-ray in 2016 with HDR10 and 5.1 surround. So, a total of 10 out of 11 of these films are exclusive to this box set.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon. Below you can find some details about the upcoming set and the bonus materials set to be included.
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Sony Pictures Classics with this limited edition box set:
- Limited edition gift set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for ORLANDO, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, THE CELLULOID CLOSET, RUN LOLA RUN, SLC PUNK, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE, VOLVER, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, STILL ALICE and CALL ME BY YOUR NAME – the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD, plus CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON with Dolby Vision
- All eleven films presented with Dolby Vision HDR for the most premium presentation possible
- CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON also includes Dolby Atmos audio; all films include original theatrical audio, as well
- Includes hours of special features across the films: a mix of archival materials and exciting new content
- Also includes a booklet with an all-new essay about the legacy of Sony Pictures Classics and details about the included films
Below, you can find a glimpse at the packaging for the set including the booklet (mentioned above).
UPDATE: And, below you can find the official trailer for this release.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details and tech specs for the upcoming set.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “French Exit” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 15 via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Azazel Jacobs, stars Michelle Pfeiffer, Lucas Hedges, Valerie Mahaffey, Imogen Poots, Susan Coyne, Danielle MacDonald, Isaach de Bankolé, and Tracy Letts. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. You can find the Blu-ray now listed with a placeholder page over at Amazon, although it’s not yet functional as a preorder. So, stay tuned for an update on that. The only bonus materials set to be included with this release are Deleted and Extended Scenes. Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full info regarding the home video release.
The 2005 film “The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada“ directed by and starring Tommy Lee Jones is coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 28th via Sony, according to an early alert to retailers. The film’s supporting cast included Barry Pepper, Dwight Yoakam, Julio Cesar Cedillo, January Jones, and Melissa Leo. Tech specs and bonus materials (if any) for the Blu-ray release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update. You can now find the Blu-ray available to pre-order over at Amazon.
The 2018 film “Stan & Ollie” starring Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Sony Pictures Classics. This is a biography about slapstick comedians Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, which was directed by Jon S. Baird. The movie co-stars Shirley Henderson, Nina Arianda, and Danny Huston. The tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a possible update. My personal guess is you can expect 1080p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, but remember that’s only a guess based on previous releases. The Blu-ray is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, but stay tuned for a definete update on that. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Four Featurettes
- “Making Stan & Ollie”
- “Playful Prosthetics”
- “The Dancing Duo”
- “Q&A with Cast and Crew”
- Three Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming release.