Tag Archives: Samuel L. Jackson
Avengers: Age of Ultron – 4K UHD Blu-ray Screenshots
Both “Captain America” sequels on 4K UHD Blu-ray late April
The two Marvel Studios sequels “Captain America: The Winter Soldier“ and “Captain America: Civil War“ are both coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on April 23rd, via Disney – according to an early alert to retailers. The titles had been said to be coming but we now finally get them both listed with release date and pre-order listings for each over at Best Buy.
UPDATE: The two titles on 4K are both now listed for pre-order over at Amazon – HERE and HERE. Those listings even include glimpses at the back of the packaging where we get the tech specs. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will be presented in the 2.40:1 aspect (as originally on Blu-ray), while “Captain America: Civil War” will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio (unlike the original Blu-ray). Both films will receive HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The bonus materials set to be included for each film can be found on the original Blu-ray releases. No new extras will be included on the 4K discs.
Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc included along with a digital copy of the film.
There will also be Steelbook releases for both of the films on 4K which will be Best Buy exclusives. You can’t pre-order those yet but they have placeholder pages HERE and HERE. The artwork for the Steelbooks is pictured below.
RUMOR: “Captain Marvel” coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray this Summer
The 2019 film “Captain Marvel” starring Brie Larson, that just hit theaters yesterday, is already rumored to be coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc sometime this Summer, perhaps in June. This rumor comes according to some early retailer alerts going around. The title has not at all been officially announced yet by the studio (Disney). The film, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, features a supporting cast of Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Lashana Lynch, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, and Clark Gregg.
Tech specs and bonus materials, of course, have not yet been detailed. It is known that the 4K release will come in the form of “combo pack” which means that the 4K will get a Blu-ray included and a Digital Copy of the film will be included with each version. There are currently pre-order listings for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions of the film over at retailer Best Buy. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release (pictured below) that is now available for pre-order.
Retailer Target will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film in a limited edition 40-page book style packaging (pictured below). That exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray book is available for pre-order as well over at Target. Lastly, stay tuned for any updates with further detailers regarding these releases.
Kingsman: The Secret Service – 4K UHD Blu-ray Screenshots
M. Night Shyamalan film “Glass” arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in April
The 2019 M. Night Shyamalan written & directed film “Glass” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 16th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film just released last week theatrically is a sequel to the films “Unbreakable” (2000) and “Split” (2016). Glass features a cast of James McAvoy, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sarah Paulson.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release includes 2160p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now both available with pre-order listings over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- The Collection of Main Characters – A look at all the main players and how they fit in the universe created by filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.
- David Dunn
- Elijah Price
- Kevin Wendell Crumb
- The Rest of the Family
- Bringing the Team Back Together – M. Night Shyamalan is famous for working with many of the same crew from film to film. In this piece, cast and crew share personal stories of why Shyamalan’s productions feel like seeing family again.
- David Dunn vs. The Beast – An in-depth look at the animalistic face-off between David Dunn and The Beast
- Glass Decoded – M. Night Shyamalan unveils some secrets of continuity and style from across the Glass trilogy
- Breaking Glass: The Stunts – The superhuman strength of The Beast is best illustrated in the stunts. Take a behind the scenes look into the very effective methods of executing stunts in the film.
- Connecting the Glass Universe – Explore M. Night Shyamalan’s stylistic approach to the Glass trilogy and the unconventional concept of a comic book movie grounded in reality.
- M. Night Shyamalan: Behind the Lens – Cast and crew discuss Shyamalan’s dedicated and meticulous approach to storytelling.
- The Sound of Glass – Composer West Dylan Thordson elaborates on his use of string instruments to create tension, and explains why recording the score on-location enhanced the tone of Glass.
- Enhancing the Spectacle – The VFX team provides details on the rewarding task of using CGI as an effective tool to intensify the narrative of Glass.
- Raven Hill Memorial – Roam the long corridors of Raven Hill Memorial Hospital and see why the cast and crew describe the eerie location as its own character in the film.
- Night Vision – A look at the early stages of Glass by examining the storyboards and their remarkable similarity to the final shots in the film.
- Alternate Opening – Introduction by director M. Night Shyamalan available
- Deleted Scenes – Introductions by director M. Night Shyamalan available
- David Alone at Bar
- Patricia Talks to Cheerleaders
- David Encounters Pierce
- Casey in Art Class
- Dr. Staple Explains Machine
- Mrs. Price in Waiting Room
- Mrs. Price Talks to Elijah
- Dr. Staple Drinks Tea
- Pierce Checks Elijah’s Room
- Mrs. Price Tells Elijah About Surgery
- David Submits to Dr. Staple
- Patients Worship The Beast
- A Conversation with James McAvoy and M. Night Shyamalan – Star James McAvoy and Producer/Writer/Director M. Night Shyamalan discuss the importance of originality when creating a film in this genre.
Lastly, the film will be receiving an exclusive Steelbook release for the 4K version over at retailer Best Buy. This will also come with 3 collectible character art cards (shown below). It’s not yet available for pre-order there but a placeholder page is already up. The artwork for that Steelbook can be found below.
Patriot Games – Blu-ray Screenshots
Pulp Fiction – Blu-ray Screenshots
Brad Bird film “Incredibles 2” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray November
It seems that Disney has got creative in revealing their release dates for their upcoming home video releases of their films. If you recently attended Walt Disney World (or perhaps Disneyland) you might have seen a promotional bag (pictured below) touting a November 6th release date for the Brad Bird film “Incredibles 2“ on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc from Disney / Pixar. No information yet on tech specs or bonus materials set to be included on the release, but stay tuned. Below you’ll find a photo from a tweet that shows one of these promotional bags that appears to have been taken at Walt Disney World by the folks at LaughingPalace.
The title is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Best Buy on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc. The film is also receiving an Exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release as well as a Blu-ray Disc release. You can find both pictured below.