The 2021 film “Willy’s Wonderland” starring Nicolas Cage is coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 13th via Screen Media. The film, directed by Kevin Lewis, co-stars Beth Grant, Terayle Hill, Caylee Cowan, Emily Tosta, Grant Cramer, Kai Kadlec, Christian Delgrosso, and Jonathan Mercedes. The tech specs and bonus materials for this release have not yet been detailed. Stay tuned perhaps for a later update on that. In the meantime, you can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film.
Tag Archives: Nicolas Cage
The 2013 CG animated film “The Croods” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 17th, via Universal, according to early retail alerts. The film, directed by Kirk DeMicco & Chris Sanders, featured the voice talents of Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone, Catherine Keener, Cloris Leachman, and Clark Duke. You can already find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Target. This release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound, with a DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 core. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- The Croodaceous Creatures of The Croods
- Belt‘s Cave Journal
- Crood‘s Cuts (Lost Scenes)
- Be An Artist!
The 1987 film “Moonstruck“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 17th via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed by Norman Jewison & winner of 3 Academy Awards (“Oscars”), starred Cher, Nicolas Cage, Vincent Gardenia, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, Julie Bovasso, John Mahoney, Louis Guss, Feodor Chaliapin Jr., and Anita Gillette.
Tech specs for the Criterion Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio, from a new 4K restoration, with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. You can find the Criterion Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via Criterion. Below you can find info regarding this upcoming release of the film and a list of bonus materials set to be included.
- New 4K digital restoration, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interview with screenwriter John Patrick Shanley
- New interview with scholar Stefano Albertini about the use of opera in the film
- Introduction from 2013 featuring Cher
- Interviews from 1987 with director Norman Jewison and actors Cher, Nicolas Cage, Vincent Gardenia, and Olympia Dukakis
- Interview from 2002 with actor Danny Aiello
- Audio interview from 1989 with Shanley about screenwriting and the development of Moonstruck
- At the Heart of an Italian Family, a 2006 program about the making of the film
- The Music of “Moonstruck,” a 2006 program featuring interviews with Jewison and composer Dick Hyman
- Audio commentary from 1998 with Cher, Jewison, and Shanley
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Emily VanDerWerff
The 2005 film “Lord of War“ starring Nicolas Cage is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 19th, via Lionsgate. The film was both written & directed by Andrew Niccol, and featured a supporting cast of Jared Leto, Ethan Hawke, Bridget Moynahan, and Ian Holm. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Vision and HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray and Digital Copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Writer-Director Andrew Niccol
- “The Making of Lord of War” Featurette
- “Making a Killing: Inside the International Arms Trade” Featurette
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming 4K UHD Blu-ray release.
RUMOR: 2018 critically acclaimed film “Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Sony, according to numerous retailer alerts. A lot of other sites are also reporting this, but the studio has not officially announced this title yet for home video release, so I’m considering it still a rumor (for now). That said, no info has been released yet regarding the tech specs or bonus materials set to be included on the 4K or Blu-ray releases. It is known, now from artwork, that both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a Digital Copy of the film included with each.
There are pre-order listings now available for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc over at Amazon, featuring artwork. Stay tuned for any updates on the release once the studio officially announces it. It is also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for only the Blu-ray version of the film, which you can find available for pre-order here.
The 1999 Joel Schumacher directed film “8MM“ (“Eight Millimeter”) starring Nicolas Cage is coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 8th, 2019 via Scream Factory. The film’s supporting cast included Joaquin Phoenix, James Gandolfini, Peter Stormare, Anthony Heald, Chris Bauer, and Catherine Keener. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The Blu-ray is available to pre-order over at Amazon and directly via Shout Factory‘s store. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW 8MM in 35MM – an interview with producer/director Joel Schumacher
- Audio Commentary with producer/director Joel Schumacher
- Vintage Behind the Scene featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray Disc release.