The folks at MVD Entertainment Group have launched a couple of new labels that will be releasing titles on Blu-ray Disc. The new labels over at MVD are as follows below.
The MVD Marquee Collection label will include studio and indie films that aren’t quite “cult” classics but old enough to be considered ‘catalog” titles. The first releases coming to the label are listed below along with the release dates.
- Walking Tall (2004) (Special Edition) – 8/14
- Crazy Six – 8/28
- Blast – 8/28
- Autumn In New York – 8/28
- Barbershop (Special Edition) – 9/11
- Barbershop 2: Back In Business (Special Edition) – 9/11
- Beauty Shop – 9/11
- Out Of Time (Special Edition) – 10/9
- Art School Confidential – 10/9
- Windtalkers (2-Disc Ultimate Edition) – 10/23
- Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction (Special Edition) – 11/13
- Memories Of Me – 11/27
The MVD Classics label will deal with films that fall between the companies other labels and might be deemed a little “obscure” for some. Not all of these titles will be coming to Blu-ray either, as some don’t have HD masters, etc. The first releases coming to the label are listed below along with the release dates.
- Diamonds Of Kilimanjaro – 9/11
- Golden Temple Amazons – 9/11
More information regarding these releases and such will be added to this post later, such as cover art and pre-order listings over at Amazon. Stay tuned for updates.
Below, after the break, you’ll find some official statements from the distributor regarding these new labels – taken from the press release.