Amazon Commissions Earned
The TV series “Creepshow: Season 2“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 7th, via RLJE Films. The original TV series, as seen on Shudder, is executive produced by makeup special effects legend Greg Nicotero. The cast for season 2 included Kevin Dillon, Ted Raimi, Ali Larter, Thomas Howell, Iman Benson, Josh McDermitt, Ashley Laurence, Keith David, Ryan Kwanten, Breckin Meyer, Molly Ringwald, Eric Edelstein, Barbara Crampton, Denise Crosby, Justin Long, D’Arcy Carden, Kiefer Sutherland, Joey King, Anna Camp, and Adam Pally.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the set are listed below.
- A Creepshow Animated Special
- A Creepshow Holiday Special
- WonderCon@Home 2021 Interview with Greg Nicotero
- Photo Galleries
- Comic Art Booklet
- Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
- Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage
- Reversible sleeve art created by Rich Hilliard
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the second season of the series and the full announcement regarding the home video release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
Three films that were written by John Hughes will be getting limited edition Blu-ray Disc SteelBook releases on June 8th via Paramount Home Entertainment. These films include:
Two of these films, those from 1986, are celebrating their 35th anniversary with these releases. One of these films (Some Kind of Wonderful) has previously only been available on the Blu-ray Disc format via a “5-Movie Collection” — released earlier this year. Each film as a Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured above) is now available to preorder over at Amazon via the links in the titles above or below. The full tech specs are listed below according to each film.
“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” will be in 1080p HD presented in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround sound. “Pretty in Pink” will be from the new remastered 4K scan in 1080p HD presented in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. And, finally, “Some Kind of Wonderful” will be in 1080p HD presented in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround sound. Each film will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. The bonus materials for each are listed below, after the break. Further below, you will also find the full press release for Ferris Bueller’s Day Off which mentions these other two releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
There will be a “John Hughes 5-Movie Collection” officially coming to Blu-ray Disc, as a set, on February 23rd, 2021, via Paramount. The 5-movie collection will include two films that will be making their debuts on the Blu-ray Disc format, noted accordingly below (with an *). The films in the 5-movie collection include:
- “Planes, Trains, And Automobiles” (1987)
- “Ferris Beuller’s Day Off” (1986)
- “She’s Having a Baby” (1988) *
- “Pretty in Pink” (1986)
- “Some Kind of Wonderful” (1987) *
Three of the five films here were written, produced, and directed by the late John Hughes, with the exceptions being the last two films listed (“Pretty in Pink” and “Some Kind of Wonderful”) which were only written & produced by Hughes. Those two other films were both directed by Howard Deutch. As I had mentioned, two of the films listed will be making their exclusive debuts on the Blu-ray format via this set. You can now find the 5-Movie Collection on Blu-ray available to preorder over at Amazon. The tech specs for the films new on this set have not yet been detailed but the others all will for sure include 1080p HD video in their OAR (original aspect ratio) with lossless 5.1 surround sound. Stay tuned for an update on if the other two films will also get 5.1 lossless surround mixes. It is known that this set will come with digital copies of each of the five films. You can find a list of the bonus materials set to be included in the set listed further below, after the break, with the press release.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
It turns out, there will be a “Stephen King 5-Movie Collection“ coming to the Blu-ray format on September 15th, via Paramount. This news comes via early retailer alerts. The collection includes the following TV mini-series and feature-length films:
- “The Stand” (1994 TV Mini-Series)
- “Pet Sematary” (1989)
- “Pet Sematary” (2019)
- “Silver Bullet” (1985)
- “The Dead Zone” (1983) [New to Blu-ray]
Yes, that is including one David Cronenberg directed adaptation making its debut to the HD Blu-ray format, that happens to be one of my personal favorites. That said, I am not sure if there will be an individual release of “The Dead Zone” or not. Perhaps it could be exclusive to this set? We shall hopefully soon find out, but so far there’s no sign of it listed anywhere on retailers.
The five movies will all be included on their own individual Blu-ray Discs, making it a 5-disc set. Tech specs for the discs vary from film-to-film but I’ll try to be bringing you a full list of them soon. As for the tech specs on the new to Blu-ray release of “The Dead Zone” I cannot yet speak of those, but I will however be inquiring to a direct Paramount contact next week regarding this release and other topics pertaining to it. For instance, I will also hopefully have some info as to if any bonus materials will be included for The Dead Zone. In the meantime, you can now find the Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon and Best Buy. Finally, one little note, based on the prices (as seen there at those two retailers) you can expect Amazon’s price to drop by a considerable bit, as well as be matched (via their “Pre-order Price Guarantee”). Stay tuned for further details about this upcoming release.
– commissions earned –
The 1984 John Hughes film “Sixteen Candles“ will be getting a “Special Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on April 14th, via Arrow Video. The film starred Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Justin Henry, Michael Schoeffling, and Gedde Watanabe. Tech specs for this new Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K restoration with both the original lossless Mono and 5.1 surround sound options. The release will include the Theatrical version (92 minutes) and an “Extended Version“ (94 minutes) that is premiering here on this new Blu-ray release. The upcoming Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Details about the release and the bonus materials, as well as physical extras set to be included on the release, are listed below.
- New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the Theatrical Version of the film (92 mins), plus Blu-ray premiere Extended Version (94 mins), featuring the additional cafeteria scene newly remastered in high definition
- Original lossless mono audio, plus 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround option
- Original English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Alternate home video soundtrack prepared for VHS and laserdisc releases
- Option to watch additional scene from the Extended Version separately
- Casting Sixteen Candles, an all-new audio interview with casting director Jackie Burch
- When Gedde Met Deborah, a newly filmed conversation between actors Gedde Watanabe and Deborah Pollack
- Rudy the Bohunk, a newly filmed interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
- The In-Between, a newly filmed interview with camera operator Gary Kibbe
- The New Wave Nerd, a newly filmed interview with filmmaker Adam Rifkin, who shadowed John Hughes while working as an extra on set
- Music for Geeks, a newly filmed interview with composer Ira Newborn
- A Very Eighties Fairytale, an all-new video essay written and narrated by writer Soraya Roberts, looking at the film from a contemporary feminist perspective
- Celebrating Sixteen Candles, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including stars Anthony Michael Hall, Paul Dooley, Justin Henry, Haviland Morris and Gedde Watanabe
- Theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
- Image galleries
- BD-ROM: PDF of the original shooting script
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nikki Baughan and Bryan Reesman