The 2000 film “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon“ will be getting a limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release on December 1st via Sony. The film, directed by Ang Lee, starred Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Zhang Ziyi, Chang Chen, Lang Sihung, and Cheng Pei Pei. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with Mandarin Dolby Atmos sound, with a Dolby TrueHD 7.1 core, and English subtitles, as well as English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook of the film available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release will be identical to the previous extras found on the 2016 4K release of the film and are listed below.
- Six Deleted Scenes: presented in 4K Ultra HD with High Dynamic Range
- In-Depth Retrospective Interviews: Director Ang Lee, producer James Schamus and editor Tim Squyres discuss the making of the groundbreaking film
- Introduction to the Film and the Deleted Scenes by Director Ang Lee
- “A Love Before Time” Music Video: in English and Mandarin
- The Making of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Commentary with Ang Lee and James Schamus
- Commentary with Cinematographer Peter Pau
- A Conversation with Michelle Yeoh
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find more details about the limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film.